[SOLVED] Graphics card error on motherboard, not recognizing GTX 1650 and no on-board display

Jun 26, 2021
I'm upgrading a computer that has an Asus h-410-m motherboard, 2x8 GB ddr4 ram and Intel it 10400f(with no onboard graphics card).

I'm adding a GTX 1650 card that should handle the 450W PSU along with all the components of the PC, but I get an error that hears 1 long beep and 3 short beeps, which according to Asus is a graphics related error.

I can't access the bios to troubleshoot the problem because I have no on-board display and the fresh new motherboard doesn't recognize the gtx 1650, so no display whatsoever.

I tried resetting the CMOS, checked that everything is connected properly and made sure the GPU fan is turning, and I still get this error.

What can I do?? Should I switch a CPU to temporarily have on board graphics to try and fix the bios and then switching back a CPU? I don't really have another available GPU to switch and test it, the only CPU I can switch temporarily is an old i3 2nd gen and I'm saving this for last option.
Am I missing something?

Solution
I don't remember the exact model of the psu but the GTX 1650 doesn't need to connect to the psu via pcie only through a 16pci slot
The GPU fan is turning though

The PSU brand and model are crucial information. If you don't remember it, you can open up the PC and read it. Can't diagnose something without it.

TRENDING THREADS