[SOLVED] Graphics Card Error or Monitor please?

Oct 15, 2019
Hello everyone.. i have a problem for a quiet long time now.. of weird images showing at start of computer.. i dont know what it means.. if its something graophics card trying to say or monitor?

here it is:
View: https://imgur.com/wWvT3MQ

i will really appreciate if someone know what is wrong and how to fix please.. thank you guys a lot in advance..
btw the weird images gone after few seconds and computer continue regulary.. so.. idk if it crucial for now..

my specs:
AMD FX 8350 8 cores 4.0 Ghz
MSI Radeon R9 390 8 Gaming
16 GB DDR 3 1333 Mhz
Corsair VS 650W
Windows 10 64 bit

monitor: LG Cinema 3D D2342

p.s. all my drivers are up to date.. including windows update as well.. i checked phisically the card inside.. checked the memory and temperaturs for maybe heat problems.. all seems to work fine? can it be the PSU cause this? cause they asked me to take 750W and i didnt have the budget so i went with 650W :/

have a nice day all.. :)

Solution
what are the driver you see in control panel for gpu and i would try it in another system to made sure it is not the board that is defective .

This. ^^ Test the GPU in another system if possible to rule out if the GPU is bad. If it acts up in another system, then that's a pretty good indication its bad. If it works fine, then there is a chance the mobo &/or PCIE slot is faulty. Do you have another GPU you could try? If it worked fine, then that rules out the mobo & GPU being bad. :)

If you don't have another PC to try it in, ask a friend to install it. Does not need to install software or anything, you just want to make sure it's not sending a corrupted signal.

You could also take it into a local PC repair shop and ask...

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
Hello everyone.. i have a problem for a quiet long time now.. of weird images showing at start of computer.. i dont know what it means.. if its something graophics card trying to say or monitor?

here it is:
View: https://imgur.com/wWvT3MQ

i will really appreciate if someone know what is wrong and how to fix please.. thank you guys a lot in advance..
btw the weird images gone after few seconds and computer continue regulary.. so.. idk if it crucial for now..

my specs:
AMD FX 8350 8 cores 4.0 Ghz
MSI Radeon R9 390 8 Gaming
16 GB DDR 3 1333 Mhz
Corsair VS 650W
Windows 10 64 bit

monitor: LG Cinema 3D D2342

p.s. all my drivers are up to date.. including windows update as well.. i checked phisically the card inside.. checked the memory and temperaturs for maybe heat problems.. all seems to work fine? can it be the PSU cause this? cause they asked me to take 750W and i didnt have the budget so i went with 650W :/

have a nice day all.. :)

Interesting issue you're having. A quick search on your PSU shows it seemed to get good overall reviews, though a PSU guru will be along shortly to confirm. Do you have another monitor by chance or an HDTV you could connect to ? That would be the easiest way to tell if your monitor or GPU is going bad.

How are you connecting to the monitor? HDMI or DVI? Have you tried the opposite cable? HDMI instead of DVI & vice versa?

Reactions: shablesss
Oct 15, 2019
thanks a lot for the reply.. well.. to be honest i didnt think of that :) u have very good suggestions and i think i have another monitor i can try.. also i think i can manage to find DVI that cam along with the graphics card.. as i am using for now the hdmi for the 3d content.. will be back to report what happened :)

Oct 15, 2019
well hello again.. :) here are the results:

I tried first to switch to DVI cable.. and it didnt fix it.. so i switched to the other monitor (HDTV) and plugged it witht the hdmi cable as i dont have there DVI.. still the same on the other monitor as well.. so.. i guess its the graphics card after all.. i really dont know what it is trying to tell me though.. :s

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
what are the driver you see in control panel for gpu and i would try it in another system to made sure it is not the board that is defective .

This. ^^ Test the GPU in another system if possible to rule out if the GPU is bad. If it acts up in another system, then that's a pretty good indication its bad. If it works fine, then there is a chance the mobo &/or PCIE slot is faulty. Do you have another GPU you could try? If it worked fine, then that rules out the mobo & GPU being bad. :)

If you don't have another PC to try it in, ask a friend to install it. Does not need to install software or anything, you just want to make sure it's not sending a corrupted signal.

You could also take it into a local PC repair shop and ask them to do a quick check. They are bound to have a system ready to do a quick check.

Let us know how it goes!

Solution
Oct 15, 2019
wow.. ok guys.. thanks again so much for your time and help.. i do have somewhere my older gtx 660.. i need to check where excectly i put it.. faulty pci e can also be the cause since at the begining when i switched to R9 i forgot to fasten the screw of the graphics card to the mobo and it was kinda at an angel of 10 degress going downwards.. so it could be that it harm the pci-e.. in that case i think i have another pci-e that should b fine.. will do all the checks and report beck.. thanks a lot again :)

Reactions: Mrgr74

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
wow.. ok guys.. thanks again so much for your time and help.. i do have somewhere my older gtx 660.. i need to check where excectly i put it.. faulty pci e can also be the cause since at the begining when i switched to R9 i forgot to fasten the screw of the graphics card to the mobo and it was kinda at an angel of 10 degress going downwards.. so it could be that it harm the pci-e.. in that case i think i have another pci-e that should b fine.. will do all the checks and report beck.. thanks a lot again :)

Forgot to mention the monitors somewhere in my ramblings above lol.. If you try another GPU and the monitors work fine, then there you go, the other GPU is bad. Do you have a console you could plug into the monitor to check to make sure it's OK?