Question Graphics Card failing/failed?

simab88

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2013
I have a Manli make RTX 3060Ti. I started having multiple CTDs and an odd background noise humming during gameplay along with texture glitches around 5 months in of using the card. The problem went away with time but, ended up giving me occasional hard freezes during long gameplay sessions (had to reboot as nothing would work and, system was completely frozen). Today I was performing a clean installation of the newest GPU drivers when, during the installation, the screen went black and, didn't come back even after a solid 20 minutes. I reset the system and, everytime I log in to my desktop now, I'm met with a hard system freeze. Please advise as to what I should do because I'm really worried as to whether the card needs to go or, it's something else.

Note: I performed stress tests on the RAM, CPU and the SSDs, they're all ok.

simab88

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2013
Full system spcs, make/model of PSU and how old is it.
[/QUOTE
Full system specs, make/model of PSU and how old is it.

System specs with age are as follows (including age with all components just for assesment):

Processor: Intel i7 9700 (non K) (4 years)
Motherboard: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge Pro AC (Wifi) (2 years)
Ram: 3x8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 (2666 Mhz) (4 years)
Storage:
Primary: Adata XPG SX8200 Pro (512GB) (1 year)
Secondary: Hikvision E100 (1TB) (3 years),
Adata 480 GB SSD (2 years),
WD Black 4TB HDD (3 years)
Graphics Card: Manli RTX 3060 Ti (7 months)
PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 850W (Platinum) (4 years)

Note:

1. System is air-cooled, no overclocking is done.
  2. All drivers are updated to the latest versions.

simab88

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2013
An update: the card went for RMA and was returned, the distributor thoroughly tested the card on another PC and found no problems. I'm starting to suspect one of two things:

1. It's the RAM.
  2. It's a bad PCI-E slot.
Would really appreciate advice on this, complete system specs with ageing have been posted above.

Last edited:

simab88

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2013
Update: no problems observed with the ram, getting unusual texture glitches every now and then. Have disabled the onboard HD audio device which has seemed to calm the situation for now. Still getting occasional CTD's. Honestly can't figure out what's causing it.

Last edited:

simab88

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2013
Update: no problems observed with the ram, getting unusual texture glitches every now and then. Have disabled the onboard HD audio device which has seemed to calm the situation for now. Still getting occasional CTD's. Honestly can't figure out what's causing it.
Update 2: I've rechecked everything, reinstalled windows on a new SSD, thoroughly checked and installed every vcredist software required but no dice. Getting CTD's, D3D errors, graphical artifacting and glitches, you name it. Can't figure out the exact problem.

Can anyone please advise as to what may be causing this?

May 20, 2023
I have a Manli make RTX 3060Ti. I started having multiple CTDs and an odd background noise humming during gameplay along with texture glitches around 5 months in of using the card. The problem went away with time but, ended up giving me occasional hard freezes during long gameplay sessions (had to reboot as nothing would work and, system was completely frozen). Today I was performing a clean installation of the newest GPU drivers when, during the installation, the screen went black and, didn't come back even after a solid 20 minutes. I reset the system and, everytime I log in to my desktop now, I'm met with a hard system freeze. Please advise as to what I should do because I'm really worried as to whether the card needs to go or, it's something else.

Note: I performed stress tests on the RAM, CPU and the SSDs, they're all ok.
I bougth a Manli 3060ti and my PC keep freezing every 10 min. I play a Dota game, and I will have to reset my PC several time because of this <Mod Edit> card. <Mod Edit> brand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: simab88

simab88

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2013
I bougth a Manli 3060ti and my PC keep freezing every 10 min. I play a Dota game, and I will have to reset my PC several time because of this <Mod Edit> card. <Mod Edit> brand.

That's the thing, when I sent it for RMA, the distributor checked and said that the card is ok and could be the PSU. Today when I took recordings and sent them the vids of the problem, they're willing to send it on warranty.

Problem is I really hope it isn't a failing PSU as well.