Question Graphics card fan speed at 45% and its loud.

daneilanthor

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017
So my Graphics card a GTX 1050 Ti Zotac 4Gb has been making noise, not clicking noise, not coil whine noise, just hard working Fans with high RPM, which its annoying when idle, becuase its still running at 45% fan speed, and its BIOS locked at 45%, MSI Afterburner doesn't go below 45%, ZOTAC FireStorm doesn't go below 45%, it has been a issue that I have lived for like 6 months, but its kind annoying now since I switched House and the PC its actually at my side of my bed and not below a desk.

Is there any way to make the fins spins slower, any tip which could get me some silence during night time when im watching movies.

I would tape them shut and put a PC fan taped below it just as a DYI solution, but still i dont get why would they make them 45% Fan speed the minimum when the GPU doesn't even reach 50°C, on idle I have reached 22°C, and i am on summer which outside temps are like 26°C.

kurulay5

Honorable
Sep 17, 2018
Maybe take it out and give it nice little clean and pop it back in. You may be surprised what a clean gpu can do!
Otherwise if it's locked at 45% then something is obviously wrong, try to fiddle with the bios and find out if anything will work. If nothing works try to update ur bios and/or flash it. Just be careful to NOT BRICK It just let the update do its thing.
Also if your gonna watch movies I reccomend you grab a 710 as its only £25ish and it has no fans so it's litteraly silent. The 710 is to only be used for Web browsing as it can support 1080p video playback and apparently its still good for playing Facebook games and random flash games. I hope this helps~