[SOLVED] Graphics card fans turn on but no display

Sep 19, 2020
So the fans on my Sapphire RX580 spin when power is in the pc but i have no display, I can get display with the Integrated Graphics but I'm confused I have tried disabling Intel Graphics in Device Manager i have disconnected and reconnected everything multiple times but still the same issue here are my specs

PSU: Cooler Master MWE 230v 500 500w psu
CPU : Intel i5 2400 (I know rx580 is too much for this lol)
GPU Sapphire RX580 4GB
Motherboard: Asus P8H61-MX R2.0
Ram:2x4 ddr3 (idk brand)
SSD: PNY 120gb

something that I'm unsure about is the PSU giving the right amount of power to the PC as it has ran before this with errors like: ASUS power anti sure, I want to se if I can still sue the warranty on the RX580 but I bought it brand new from a company on eBay and I wouldn't know how what should I do?

Solution
So the fans on my Sapphire RX580 spin when power is in the pc but i have no display, I can get display with the Integrated Graphics but I'm confused I have tried disabling Intel Graphics in Device Manager i have disconnected and reconnected everything multiple times but still the same issue here are my specs

GPU Sapphire RX580 4GB

something that I'm unsure about is the PSU giving the right amount of power to the PC as it has ran before this with errors like: ASUS power anti sure, I want to se if I can still sue the warranty on the RX580 but I bought it brand...

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED

GPU Sapphire RX580 4GB

something that I'm unsure about is the PSU giving the right amount of power to the PC as it has ran before this with errors like: ASUS power anti sure, I want to se if I can still sue the warranty on the RX580 but I bought it brand new from a company on eBay and I wouldn't know how what should I do?

Hi @Atroqe

* Did you plug the HDMI/DVI/DP cable into the 580 and not leave it connected to the motherboards DVI for the onboard GPU?

*Make sure the source on the monitor matches the connection. If you are using a DVI cable, try an HDMI or a DP if your monitor supports it.

*The 580 requires 1 8 pin power molex if I'm not mistaken. You have the correct power plugged in I presume?

* You have disabled the onboard GPU in the Bios? (Should auto switch but still worth disabling)

If yes to the above and different cables have been tried, remove and reinstall the card. Maybe it's not quite seated in the PCIe slot. Of course with the main power off.

Let us know how it goes!

Solution