shahfaraz

Honorable
Sep 29, 2016
I have Intel 4790K, ASUS Z97 PRO Gamer, GSkill16GB DDR3, Crucial P2 NVME PC. Earlier I was using Asus Strix GTX970 with this setup but my Graphics Card gets faulty. I have full Dell P2419H monitor that is 1080p60Hz.

I have to build a new PC but not now. Now I have to buy a new Graphics Card that work with my current PC and can be brought to new build too.

I choose RTX3070 but almost everyone saying over internet that it will be a CPU bottleneck.

Please suggest me if I should buy RTX3070 or not? Will my PC work with this card or it will freeze?

If it will not work, then which card should I choose?

Solution
Thanks for replying.
I have Corsair CX650 PSU (2015). I will later upgrade the monitor too. But I have to keep my current system for 1 year.
That’s a mediocre psu not really recommended for gaming PC’s. If its also 7 years old that’s a concern. I would upgrade the psu before putting in a new gpu for the safety of the whole system. Apart from that I don't see any problems with your plan.
The most important question is what psu do you have and how old is it?

Yes the cpu will limit performance stopping you getting the most out of the gpu but why does that matter when you are going to upgrade the rest of the pc later? Don’t get hung up on the word ‘bottleneck’.

However I would say a 3070 is over the top if you are keeping a 1080p 60Hz monitor. A 3070 does a good job of 1440 144Hz. Do you plan to upgrade the monitor?

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead

shahfaraz

Honorable
Sep 29, 2016
The most important question is what psu do you have and how old is it?

Yes the cpu will limit performance stopping you getting the most out of the gpu but why does that matter when you are going to upgrade the rest of the pc later? Don’t get hung up on the word ‘bottleneck’.

However I would say a 3070 is over the top if you are keeping a 1080p 60Hz monitor. A 3070 does a good job of 1440 144Hz. Do you plan to upgrade the monitor?
Thanks for replying.
I have Corsair CX650 PSU (2015). I will later upgrade the monitor too. But I have to keep my current system for 1 year.

Thanks for replying.
That’s a mediocre psu not really recommended for gaming PC’s. If its also 7 years old that’s a concern. I would upgrade the psu before putting in a new gpu for the safety of the whole system. Apart from that I don't see any problems with your plan.

Solution

shahfaraz

Honorable
Sep 29, 2016
I am getting Antec Neo Eco 750w Platinum power supply with 7 years warranty in a great deal online. Will it be OK?
I am planning to buy it for my current system and use the same in my future build.
Thanks

pulmoll45

Reputable
Oct 13, 2017
Right now the GPU prices are slowly yet steadily declining, and the RTX 4XXX series is getting closer, with some sources suggesting this year.
The GTX970 should be fine for your system when it comes to 1080p60Hz gaming, so unless you want to upgrade your screen first I would probably go with sizzling's suggestion of upgrading other components first.

shahfaraz

Honorable
Sep 29, 2016
After having so much suggestions, I came to the conclusion that I should go for a RX6600 or GTX1660Ti and a good PSU for now. Because Nvidia 4000 series is about to come and expected to priced lower than what I am getting 3000 series today. I will build my new system with next-gen Nvidia Graphics.

RX6600 or GTX1660Ti are not expensive and have good 1080p performance. So, they are enough for now.

JeffreyP55

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2015
I have Intel 4790K, ASUS Z97 PRO Gamer, GSkill16GB DDR3, Crucial P2 NVME PC. Earlier I was using Asus Strix GTX970 with this setup but my Graphics Card gets faulty. I have full Dell P2419H monitor that is 1080p60Hz.

I have to build a new PC but not now. Now I have to buy a new Graphics Card that work with my current PC and can be brought to new build too.

I choose RTX3070 but almost everyone saying over internet that it will be a CPU bottleneck.

Please suggest me if I should buy RTX3070 or not? Will my PC work with this card or it will freeze?

If it will not work, then which card should I choose?
My backup PC has a 4790k and Asus1080ti. Anything more is a waste of money.

Reactions: shahfaraz