Graphics card for asus h97m-e motherboard

Thakur_4

Commendable
Aug 7, 2017
I have asus h97m-e motherboard. I want to buy gtx 1050 2gb ddr5 graphics card.
But some shopowners says that my motherboard wont support ddr5. I have asked this question earlier too on this website. But i just want to confirm if my motherboard will support gtx 1050 2gb ddr5 or not?

Solution
There's no "DDR5", there's GDDR5. Your motherboard supports the GTX 1050 as it uses the PCIe x16 interface to be plugged into your motherboard PCIe x16 slot. The GDDR5 does not matter.

Your motherboard also supports DDR3 -- but that is pertaining to the RAM sticks and entirely different from and not related to the graphics card's GDDR5.

To confirm, the Asus H97M-E motherboard will support the GTX 1050 2GB GDDR5 graphics card.
There's no "DDR5", there's GDDR5. Your motherboard supports the GTX 1050 as it uses the PCIe x16 interface to be plugged into your motherboard PCIe x16 slot. The GDDR5 does not matter.

Your motherboard also supports DDR3 -- but that is pertaining to the RAM sticks and entirely different from and not related to the graphics card's GDDR5.

To confirm, the Asus H97M-E motherboard will support the GTX 1050 2GB GDDR5 graphics card.

Solution