graphics card for hp compaq elite 8000 slim

May 28, 2018
im looking for a gpu that will fit in my tower and run with my motherboard. im trying to play games like fortnite and the forest maybe some call of duty.
im running an intel core 2 duo
8gb of ram
160gb internal hdd
2tb external hdd
2.93ghz

im going to upgrade the ram soon as well. my computer only has a 240 watt pcu and as far as I know it cant be upgraded so what gpu can I run on medium settings without burning out my pcu. I don't know too much about upgrading gpus will a ddr5 still work in my ddr3 mobo?

Solution
Your CPU is too slow for modern games, you need to replace your system. A 240 watt PSU will not run much past a basic card, maybe an nVidia 1030, which is OK for low quality in newer games, but your CPU will cause issues. Get a used business tower system with a Core i5 CPU with a 300 watt PSU, and an nVidia 1050 or Radeon 550 or 560 video card for it. Will be cheapest way to play anything past older and simple games.
Your CPU is too slow for modern games, you need to replace your system. A 240 watt PSU will not run much past a basic card, maybe an nVidia 1030, which is OK for low quality in newer games, but your CPU will cause issues. Get a used business tower system with a Core i5 CPU with a 300 watt PSU, and an nVidia 1050 or Radeon 550 or 560 video card for it. Will be cheapest way to play anything past older and simple games.

Solution