Graphics Card for Lenovo H515s??

nynick12

Reputable
Dec 15, 2014
Anyone know of a cheap dual-monitor graphics card that would be an upgrade from the shared memory integrated one?

Solution

So long as you get a card that can fit (most should have a low profile bracket included), it will work just fine.
It's fairly difficult to upgrade the GPU in those small-form-factor PCs. Any serious upgrade will require you to upgrade the Power Supply as well.
The default config should support dual monitor graphics already. Is there any reason why this is not sufficient for your needs?

nynick12

Reputable
Dec 15, 2014

While it currently supports dual graphics, it only has HDMI and via. Ideally I'd like either two HDMI or one HDMI and one dvi. It would also free up some system memory. From what I've been reading, the issue is the 65watt power supply more so than the space constraint. I just figured if if I can upgrade it for $50 or so for both monitors to be digital vs the one vga, then why not?! :)

It's a nice thought. If you are worried about memory, that can be upgraded easily.

Other thought: you should skip the usb display adapters, they could allow another dvi/hdmi port, but they will be lower quality than your existing vga since they use heavy compression. They also take a lot of cpu power.

nynick12

Reputable
Dec 15, 2014

Ok... Can I ask a non graphics related question here? The other thing I'd like is a dual Band (or even single band - 5Ghz AC) wifi card with Bluetooth 4.0. Could that go in the available PCI slot instead? Something that can get a nice strong signal?

Thanks again!

Yes, that should not be a problem. Check which kind of slot you have first. It should be pci-e.

nynick12

Reputable
Dec 15, 2014

PCI Express X 16 slot and a PCI Express X 1 slot if that helps. They are also the small card size (not sure how to say that in tech lingo) as in the opening on the back of the pc is the smaller slot width.

So long as you get a card that can fit (most should have a low profile bracket included), it will work just fine.

Solution