Graphics card for nforce 610i motherboard

Shantanu15

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
Hi guys,
I have an old machine, with 610i nforce motherboard, core 2 duo 2.6 Ghz, 9600gt 512 mb video card and 4gb ddr2 ram. Could you guys suggest me a decent graphics card that will let me play the upcoming GTA 5 (at medium settings) with the other components remaining intact. I suppose I will have to go for a better PSU than the one I have right now of course, which is 500 W I think.

I am not an avid gamer, but am virtually addicted to the GTA, NFS, CoD and the Pro Evo series :D Beyond these games I hardly experiment much. However, if your suggested card could possibly play some of the more demanding modern games then by I’d willing to shell out some extra money (upto gtx 560 ti). The major constraint is of course the maxed out 4gb ddr2 Ram on the motherboard :(

Many Thanks,
Shantanu

Shantanu15

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012

Thanks for replying mate!

I don't have the machine with me right now, but I doubt that it is above 500W. Anyhow, I am willing to shell out some money to buy a 700W PSU. The question that I had in mind was that which is the latest/best graphics card that this motherboard will support. For instance, I know for a fact that this Mobo won't support the i-series intel chipsets, so I will have to do with the core2 duo processor. As you would appreciate that the last thing I want to do is to spend on a graphics card which isn't supported by this motherboard or is constrained by the RAM of DDR2 speeds.

Apologies if I sound like a noob, this motherboard and graphics card compatibility issues has got my head spinning :D

TRENDING THREADS