• Hey there, Guest! Share your idea for a new trophy in the forums and win bragging rights and a $100 Amazon gift card! Check out the New Community Trophy Contest here!
  • Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

Graphics Card for Pentium 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshutoshM

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2011
I have a Pentium 3 computer with Intel i810 motherboard. It is 866 Mhz, 512Mb SDRAM, 20+160 Gb harddisk which is originally showing 20+137 Gb, 16 Mb inbuilt video memory. I have only three PCI slots and not PCI-express or AGP. I want to install a graphics card to my computer. Please, tell me which graphics card should I buy which will support my computer and also I want to install a graphics card having memory of 128-256 Mb or it can be more also if my pentium 3 supports it. Also, do I need to upgrade my powersupply also to install a graphics card? I want to play games like Vice city, Underground. I am currently using Windows XP. For now I don't want to spend on a new computer and I am ready to spend for a graphics card.

COLGeek

Titan
I just bought a PCI based GPU (video card) for a system only slightly stronger than yours. I bought a Radeon 9250 with 128MB of memory that I am very happy with. However, there is also a 256MB version. Link is below.

Your current power supply should be fine. You really don't have many PCI video card options, but this is a solid card and should do you well.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161184

Status
Not open for further replies.