Question Graphics card for quad monitor setup

sloke123

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2009
Hi everyone,

One of my friends is in the stock market. There is software that shows live stock graphs. He has two 2K monitors (Acer EB321HQU) hooked up with a desktop PC and an UltraWide monitor (LG 29WL50S-B) hooked up with a laptop. He wants to build a single desktop PC with four monitors. The graphics cards of our choice are Nvidia Quadro t600 and Intel A380. The reason behind this is, these are the only cards available in our local market that fits his budget. Both have four display outputs and do not require external power. According to Google, both cards can display 4k on each port. The Intel card is around $15 more than the Nvidia card.

So, which one should I go for? And if guys have something else on your mind, do share.
TIA

EyyMunchian

Honorable
Dec 28, 2016
Hi everyone,

One of my friends is in the stock market. There is software that shows live stock graphs. He has two 2K monitors (Acer EB321HQU) hooked up with a desktop PC and an UltraWide monitor (LG 29WL50S-B) hooked up with a laptop. He wants to build a single desktop PC with four monitors. The graphics cards of our choice are Nvidia Quadro t600 and Intel A380. The reason behind this is, these are the only cards available in our local market that fits his budget. Both have four display outputs and do not require external power. According to Google, both cards can display 4k on each port. The Intel card is around $15 more than the Nvidia card.

So, which one should I go for? And if guys have something else on your mind, do share.
TIA
Depends on what he wants to run for the monitors. In terms of performance the A380 has an edge but the T600 has 4x mini display ports meanwhile the A380 has 1xHDMI and 3xDisplayPort. A380 has more memory and almost double to transistors while using a newer architecture. Intel is still new to the GPU market so expect their drivers to be a little wack at times, the Quadro probably has more stability since it is a from NVidia. The A380 can utilize new PCIe 4 while the t600 cannot. The A380 uses almost double the power so if power is a limiting factor then go with the t600. My personal recommendation is using the A380, but again, that depends on if your friend is ok with the video output options.

sloke123

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2009
Depends on what he wants to run for the monitors. In terms of performance the A380 has an edge but the T600 has 4x mini display ports meanwhile the A380 has 1xHDMI and 3xDisplayPort. A380 has more memory and almost double to transistors while using a newer architecture. Intel is still new to the GPU market so expect their drivers to be a little wack at times, the Quadro probably has more stability since it is a from NVidia. The A380 can utilize new PCIe 4 while the t600 cannot. The A380 uses almost double the power so if power is a limiting factor then go with the t600. My personal recommendation is using the A380, but again, that depends on if your friend is ok with the video output options.
Sorry, for the late reply. He will run four instances of the software on four different monitors. That software is very lightweight and uses less ram. Basically, It fetches data from the internet and plots live graphs.
A380 is also my first choice. My friend doesn't have any opinion on this. So, I'm the final decision-maker here.😀
Can you confirm that the graphics card can handle four 2k displays at a time? Google says it could, But I'm not sure as it is a new card and its driver is little wack like you said.

Jan 13, 2023
Sorry, for the late reply. He will run four instances of the software on four different monitors. That software is very lightweight and uses less ram. Basically, It fetches data from the internet and plots live graphs.
A380 is also my first choice. My friend doesn't have any opinion on this. So, I'm the final decision-maker here.😀
Can you confirm that the graphics card can handle four 2k displays at a time? Google says it could, But I'm not sure as it is a new card and its driver is little wack like you said.
yes bro i use a380 it has 2k display...