Question Graphics card frying PCI E slots?

Mar 29, 2019
So I got an older HP Z210 workstation tower from the property disposition and it has a xeon 3.30 or 3.40ghz processor (not sure) 8gigs of ram and a nvidia quadro 600. well I got it home and realized I dont have a monitor with DVI so I bought a DVI to HDMI adapter online and tried to use it. I got no signal every time. The computer looks like it works fine as all the fans spin and the hard drive light flashes every so often. But I got no signal. So I put it in a different PCI E slot (only 2 slots) and it turned on! I was very happy about this and I stuck in my windows 7 install disk and began to install it. I went to go get some food and when I came back my monitor said no signal. Assuming the old PCI E slot was just fried for some reason, I didnt think it would have been the CARD frying the slots. So I think the card fried my slots. I no longer have any PCI E slots on the board and I dont have any other graphics cards that will fit in that PC. and im too scared to stick the quadro in my main machine because it could fry that one too. So im wondering if my theory is correct, and also how do I switch the pc to its integrated graphics without being able to access the BIOS as it just flashed red 4 times when I took the card out. Thanks

Mar 29, 2019
now the GPU is recognized by my monitor, but only in like half a second intervals that dont show anything. I know this because I switched the channels and then it said "new device has been connected would you like to switch" so now im thinking maybe its a GPU issue?