Question Graphics Card Getting Hot

Lil___

Commendable
Dec 15, 2016
I have an EVGA Superclocked 8GB. I bought it second hand and the guy said it was new. I’ve been using it for 5-8months and it has performed great. I have noticed however, occasionally the monitor will “crash” showing what looks like TV static, cutting out, then turning back on again. Under medium loads (Playing Oxygen Not Included), the fans spin a lot and opening the EVGA program it says my GPU is at 85 after only playing for 10minutes. When I close the game, the EVGA program says my temperature is in the 50-60s (seconds after closing the program). Any ideas as to what can cause this? I checked the EVGA website for the free thermal pads, but it says that my GPU already has all the thermal pads and BIOS update installed.

I've read some issues with EVGA GPUs before, but which GPU MODEL are you actually using ? The 10 series, or the new RTX lineup ? Could be a faulty GPU, but kindly provide more system SPECS.

Which POWER SUPPLY unit have you been using with this GPU ? Do you have proper airflow inside your cabinet ? If the IDLE TEMP is within the 50-60 range, then this might be of some concern. Is there any DUST settled on top of the fans of your video card ?

As a side note, also scan your PC for any BITCOIN MINING VIRUS.......Sometimes a bitcoin virus may cause a high GPU usage, as well as TEMP, though it's not always necessary. But my guess is that your GPU might be FAULTY.