bestanime

Prominent
Feb 3, 2018
My Specs

CPU: Ryzen 1600x
CPU Cooler: Nzxt Kraken x52
Graphics Card: XFX RX 580 GTS BLACK EDITION
Case: S340 Elite NZXT

This isn't my first time having this problem and i don't think it will be the last. I made a thread a couple of months ago asking a solution to the same problem. One person suggested i make a custom fan curve with MSI Afterburner. I made one and it worked. But this was short lived because as i started to play more graphically demanding games even while my GPU fans were at 100% and Case fans at 75% i would still reach 80 and even beyond. With the only other effective solution being to lower my graphics. Now i reach out again and ask is there any way to fix this? or should i check to see if something off etc. Any help would be appreciated thank you!

Not Overclocked in anyway btw

Solution
If it is running for too long and there is not enough airflow through the case that may cause it to be too hot.
Most GPUs also have a fan to cool them down but check to make sure the fan can spin easily and it is not too full from dust or dog hair for example.
Maybe you will need to rearrange your PCs cooling system.
Your Case does not have a good Airflow overall... The NZXT Case does look pretty but the front allows very minimal air intake since the air also has to do a 90° degree bend.
Open Case Benchmarks show that your gpu runs @ ~75 Degree C.
Considering that your Case does have limited air intake and that the card / thermal paste on there might be a bit old it is an okay temperature.
Yes you can ramp your fan curve but with not enought fresh/cool air in your case it wont make a huge difference other then that your pc will sound like a starting airplane.

mdsimmons1118

Upstanding
Aug 6, 2018
If it is running for too long and there is not enough airflow through the case that may cause it to be too hot.
Most GPUs also have a fan to cool them down but check to make sure the fan can spin easily and it is not too full from dust or dog hair for example.
Maybe you will need to rearrange your PCs cooling system.

Solution
Choice of case is critical with a gaming PC - - - vast choice of cases out their & some may look very appealing but don't necessarily allow for sufficient cooling (eg no provision for multiple fans, too few cooling vents etc). Sometimes you have to think about getting a different case - - if the case isn't right you'll always be struggling to keep temperatures down.

bestanime

Prominent
Feb 3, 2018

No i have MSI afterburner for my cooling solution