Question Graphics Card gives no signal

Jan 19, 2022
Quick info:
I bought a msi gtx 1080 gaming x just yesterday from ebay. I went to the sellers house qnd tested the card at his pc, everything fine there, also did a stress test with no problems, temps were at 60-65c

So i bought it
But in the my system at my home, it does not give a signal to my monitor...

What i tried before:

I tried different cables, different ports, tried the pcie port with 8 lanes.
Quick note, the fans stop spinning after 2-3 seconds, but the leds are on. changed the 6-8 pin power connectors still the same.

So i tried to boot up to look if the device manager sees the card.. started the bios with integrated graphics, forced start with igpu without problem, then in windows deinstalled all drivers with ddu restarted and installed latest gtx 1080 drivers, restarted again and now in nvidia geforce experience and the device manager recognize the 1080.

So i was hoping that it works now, but no. Still the same problem persists

Worth to mention, my Old Palit gtx 1070 jetstream works perfectly fine on both pcie slots, so its defenitly not the motherboard.

I really dont know what to do, obviously there is no warranty in a private buy and at the sellers house, it worked perfectly fine.

I hope its because of my psu, maybe its not enough, but it would still go atleast post bc at start it wont draw that much power.

I really hope someone can help me, if not then i just lost 420 € .. :/

Specs:
Coolermaster 500w 80 Plus
i7 11700k @stock
16 GB Viper DDR4 @3200 MHZ
120 GB Kingston ssd
1tb HDD seagate barracuda
Msi GTX 1080 gaming x

Last edited:
You say not working .... maybe a dumb question but do you see anything on a monitor or do you THINK its not working because the fans dont run.
I have a 1080 and the fans run a few seconds at boot up and shut down , they are not supposed to run all the time , the fans are not supposed to come on till about 70 degrees

Jan 19, 2022
You say not working .... maybe a dumb question but do you see anything on a monitor or do you THINK its not working because the fans dont run.
I have a 1080 and the fans run a few seconds at boot up and shut down , they are not supposed to run all the time , the fans are not supposed to come on till about 70 degrees
hey, yeah i think thats normal too with the fans, but to answer your question, no, Monitor says "[DisplayPort] No Signal" tried Hdmi cable different dp cable, all hdmi and dp ports.