Question Graphics card giving green lines when I try to boot up windows

Bryan308

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2015
So my computer wont boot up past bios screen(it was working yesterday.) However, it will start when I use a different graphics card. So I know its the graphics card. When I use the defective card it will let me boot into bios but if I try to go into windows it gives me green lines. I'm trying to update my graphics card driver but I don't know how I would be able to do that through bios if possible. That is the only way, that I know of, that I can download them because I only have space for one card. Motherboard is MSI Pro B550M-VC WIFI defective card is ZOTAC geforce gtx 1080 ti mini. Thank you

Bryan308

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2015
So I was able to download the latest drivers on it but it still wouldn't work. I was able to go into safe mode and download it. The card also booted up windows when I deleted the drivers in device manager but then it redownloaded drivers and had the lines then crashed.. any ideas?

Bryan308

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2015
So I was able to download the latest drivers on it but it still wouldn't work. I was able to go into safe mode and download it. The card also booted up windows when I deleted the drivers in device manager but then it redownloaded drivers and had the lines then crashed.. any ideas?
I deleted the software from my computer so it doesn’t redownload it and it has just the basic drivers from Microsoft and it works. I tried getting an older version of drivers but still didn’t work so I guess I just need a good driver for my 1080 ti