Graphics Card GONE CRAZY and making wierd stuff.

Lazar1337

Reputable
Dec 18, 2014
Hello Forum, so i got a problem that i was trying to find out 1 month already. At the end i found out that the graphics card was making a problem that i couldn't imagine. So apparently because of my graphic card, when i was going into the BIOS it was showing that i have 4GB of RAM instead of 8GB. 2nd problem was in OLD BIOS the graphics card change letters for example (setup) it would show like (srtrp) you get the point. I couldn't install windows XP with it i was getting BSOD. But i was able to install Vista, Win 7 and Win 8 and Win 8.1. When i was installing vista or Win 7 i would get 4-bit screen with 620x480 resolution but on windows 8.1 and windows 8 i got normal screen (i could change resolution but that's all). 3rd problem is i couldn't install drivers. Whenever i wanted to install drivers my pc would restart(i tryed all possible drivers). Before you go to say that maybe some other component is failure trust me it's not. I tested RAM, CPU, bought new Motherboard and PSU, and i was having same problem. So i'm just asking is there anyone who knows what is the problem in this graphics card? And can i fix that problem or should i buy a new one?
(i wasn't getting any screen bug or any lines that would cause my screen to be glitchy. I could see everything fine, i just had some weird problem that i just wrote in this post.)

Here is the PC information.

GPU: AMD Radeon 7770 HD series powered by PowerColor
RAM: Patriot 2x4GB 1337mhz
CPU: AMD Athlon FX750 Quad-Core 3.40
PSU: LC-Power 600W *new PSU* old was made in china.
MOBO: ASUS A78-ME *new MOBO* old was MSI idk witch one
HDD: Hitachi 1TB