graphics card greatly underperforming

MrRusKyHD

Prominent
May 30, 2017
Hi, i purchased a msi gtx 970 and put it in my system and downloaded all drivers needed so i decided to play a game,i loaded up h1z1 kotk and got the exact same fps (maybe a little bit better) as my old card gtx 650 ti 2gb , obviously i was confused and couldnt find a solution so i reset and format my pc but not getting rid of windows 10 as i dont own a disk or anything to redownload it as the pc was prebuilt.
The pc used to be very basic but i added in some parts here is my setup now
(CPU) AMD A10-7860k
(GPU)Msi GTX 970 4g edition
(PSU)Powercool 80+ extreme mod power moduler power supply 650w
(MOBO)ASUS a68hm-plus
(HDD)2 tb
(SSD)120gb ssd
(RAM) 8gb ddr3 1600

if anyone can help me out that would be greatly apreciated :) and btw i already have downloaded msi afterburner

You're getting the same FPS for one or both of these reasons:

1. Your CPU is actually an APU, which means it has a GPU actually inside of the chip. In this case, your APU is currently doing the job of the CPU and GPU.
2. Your processor is older, you could be bottlenecked and need a new processor. I'm not terribly familiar with the A10s, so I don't know for sure.

First step is to make sure you're using your 970 for graphics processing

MrRusKyHD

Prominent
May 30, 2017

The thing is when i bought this pc it had no gpu and ran off of radeon r7 graphics i then disabled them when i put in my 650 and saw a significent improvment and ive checked so the onboard graphics are still disabled

You have a cpu bottleneck up the settings the fps will most likely stay the same.