[SOLVED] Graphics Card Heat Problem

Sep 21, 2020
I have an MSI armour rx580 and I use it for gaming but its starting to get really hot average temps (80 Celsius). Should I get a new Graphics card or should I install more case fans?
I leave it on 75% fans and its already quite loud I don't want to leave it at 100% as it goes to around 50DBa. Help?
Thanks.
Edit:
Case:
Corsair Carbide SPEC-04
I have 2 Case fans 1 intake 1 outake
CPU cooler: AMD Wraith Prism
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X

Last edited:
Solution
This is the one

I would buy 2 more of them. Its a cheap easy way to test if the case air flow is the issue.

I would install 1 of them in the front, and the other in the top mount of the case. The slot closest to the rear exhaust fan.

Try this configuration and see if temps improve, if not you can always send them back but it is ALWAYS recommended to have at least 2 intakes. The extra exhaust would just ensure the help of a good airflow through the case.
I have an MSI armour rx580 and I use it for gaming but its starting to get really hot. Should I get a new Graphics card or should I install more case fans?
I leave it on 75% fans and its already quite loud I don't want to leave it at 100% as it goes to around 40DBa. Help?
Thanks.

can you give us your case model. case cooling configuration. cpu cooler model.

the key phrase is it started to get hot.check your graphics card heat sink.likely it needs to have the heatsink compound or the heatsink pad replaced.

could be because of newer games hes playing n such. He didnt mention what hes playing nor how long hes had the gpu in order to determine wether it could be just going from 1 gen of games, to the next, and suffering the consequences of higher detailed gaming experiences lol.

Sep 21, 2020
could be because of newer games hes playing n such. He didnt mention what hes playing nor how long hes had the gpu in order to determine wether it could be just going from 1 gen of games, to the next, and suffering the consequences of higher detailed gaming experiences lol.

Its 5 months old

This is the one

I would buy 2 more of them. Its a cheap easy way to test if the case air flow is the issue.

I would install 1 of them in the front, and the other in the top mount of the case. The slot closest to the rear exhaust fan.

Try this configuration and see if temps improve, if not you can always send them back but it is ALWAYS recommended to have at least 2 intakes. The extra exhaust would just ensure the help of a good airflow through the case.

Solution
Sep 21, 2020

Thanks!