2x4 ddr3 8gb ram
gt 630 2gb 128bit
hp 320w psu
here is the pic of my cpu
http://h10003.www1.hp.com/digmedialib/prodimg/lowres/c02865956.png
pic of mobo
http://hexparts.com/assets/images/prodimages/611834-001.jpg
i am buying a new gtx 750ti 2gb or gtx 1050 2gb
i want to know that can i put my graphics card into the second pci-e x16 slot?(black)Because there is not enough space after the first slot (white)would be there any downfall of speed?will my psu handle these graphic cards?my current graphics card is in the first white slot..
sorry for my bad English!any help would be highly appreciated.please reply

Solution
Heh. Yeah, they call them all slots. When they refer to something like a gpu being dual slot, they are referring to the thin tabs at the backside of the case, some are removable with a screw, some are drop-in and held by a bar, some are just break out tabs. The Zotac will use just 1 of those slots where the monitor connection goes, but physically will take up the space of 2 slots on the inside. You just need to remove the correct tab. Once you get the gpu, it'll be really obvious.

nvincent_08

Reputable
it can but it might run at x8 pcie, mainly because mobo second x16 slot is running at x8, but there should be no problem about that, i dont know would it fit in your case or not, as i dont know the size of your case will fit that graphics card or not and i also dont know the power is enough or not, that all is up to you, i cant help with those because i dont know the full info

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Almost all of those low grade boards run x16/x4 but if you use the top x1 slot for anything it cuts the pcie to x16/x2 as the x1 slot shares bandwidth with the 2nd pcie. Might not be an issue for the 750ti, but the 1050 has higher performance so might stretch the limits of x2 bandwidth. Not entirely sure why there's not enough room on the top slot, even with the x1 populated. Gpus fit upside down just so they don't intrude on the cpu socket space.

new-gamer

Reputable
May 7, 2017
I am buying a gtx 1050ti low profile..i think it cant fit in the first slot..under the first big white slot there is written x1pciexp2 j42 on the right side and on the left side of the slot there is written x4pciexp j32 but under the second slot (black) there is written x16pciexp j41. so i think i should fit in the black slot (second pcie x16).. and another problem is that gtx 1050ti is dual slot but my cpu is only single slot...

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Ok. You have a little confusion going. Looking at your picture, the very top white slot is not a pcie x16, it's a pci slot commonly used many years ago for such things as sound cards or TV cards. The black slot under that is the pcie x16 slot that supports full x16 cards like modern video cards. The white slot under that is another x16 pcie slot, but that one has been downgraded to x4 (common in low end boards) and is used for other additional cards like newer sound cards etc that use pcie not pci slots. The little black slot is your pcie x1 slot for use in adding USB connectors to the back of the case etc. The cpu has nothing to do with physical mounting of the gpu. As far as slots go, the gpu will best mount in the black slot, but will accept full height gpus, so covering the white x16 slot is not an issue unless you have a need for it, in which case you'll need to use a single height gpu.

new-gamer

Reputable
May 7, 2017

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Heh. Yeah, they call them all slots. When they refer to something like a gpu being dual slot, they are referring to the thin tabs at the backside of the case, some are removable with a screw, some are drop-in and held by a bar, some are just break out tabs. The Zotac will use just 1 of those slots where the monitor connection goes, but physically will take up the space of 2 slots on the inside. You just need to remove the correct tab. Once you get the gpu, it'll be really obvious.

Solution

Latest posts