Graphics card -> Inspiron 530

Hawky

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2009
I recently just purchased a Radeon 4670 graphics card from ASUS, the width with the fan on it and the length is fine, just one problem. The actual height of the graphics card doesn't fit into my case, so it doesn't entirely fit the back slot of my computer where my monitor connects to, graphics card just doesn't slide in.

So, as my thread title says, I have a DELL Inspiron 530 Desktop, lays flat under my monitor.

Right now I'm using a really small ATI Radeon 2400 Pro.

I would like to have a Radeon graphics card as there the only type of graphics card I've dealt with, but I suppose nvidia might be alright, I just never used nivida before and I'm sort of not liking em (sort of skeptical going with a new brand I've never used before)

Edit:
Yes, this card is a PCI Express x16, I used that same slot on my motherboard, not an AGP, that is not the problem.

manicmalki

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
Few things to consider first off that box comes with a 300 watt PSU stock and dell does not have a better one for the case so if your looking to upgrade the vid keep that in mind. Second try looking for a low profile card.

What would be the point in paying the premium for the card thru Dell, it's not like you can't go to Newegg and buy low profile video cards.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=low+profile+video+cards

While there you can also get a 300 watt Seasonic TFX power supply to use as an upgrade for the 250 watt unit that comes in the Dell SFF box.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151070

Axeon

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
Nice find DellUser1, can i use this in a Dell C521? Thanks. I've been looking to upgrade the PSU forever and all i could think of was getting a Thermaltake 430W and putting it externally. This seems like a better idea, lol.

jennyh

Splendid

The point would be, you go into a pc store and find a graphics card doesn't fit into your dell, so you go back to dell for one that does fit. Like the op here for example, except he came to a hardware forum to ask for alternatives.

How many dell buyers do you think know what 'low profile' means?

No, won't work for the C521, sorry.
The external route would be a better option for that box.

You give people far to little credit.
1- Go into a PC store and ask for a video card for the particular model of computer, the geeks there should be able to handle that.
2- Go into a PC store find a card that doesn't fit, go back to Dell to find out what will fit, go back to computer store and find card that does fit.

Those that don't know what low profile means are the one's that help keep me in business so the more the merrier.

Latest posts