Graphics Card install

Jasonc126

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013
I just bought a new graphics card which is the ATI Radeon 4350 512mb. Will this come with instructions on how to remove the old one. My computer is an Inspiron 560s. Thanks

Assuming it FITS, the POWER should be fine as it's a pretty low-powered card.

The instructions VARY depending on whether you have onboard graphics or are replacing another addon card.

Example:
1. Uninstall any previous graphics drivers (AMD, NVidia, or Intel)
2. Shut down PC
3. *If ONBOARD graphics, boot into BIOS and change BOOT ORDER so PCIe is before the onboard (i.e. "iGPU) graphics
4. Install the HD4350
5. Boot into Windows
6. Go to www.amd.com and get the drivers (download and run the autodetect tool if in doubt. It can autoinstall drivers)

QUESTION:
What are you "upgrading" from? The HD4350 is really low-end so if your current graphics work why are you bothering?

Jasonc126

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013

That's what dell told me was compatible with my computer.

Jasonc126

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013

That's what dell told me to uprade...That's what was compatible with my computer.

Yeah, Dell's image for the computer shows a video card in the slot, so it was probably possible to customize it with that when buying it, which means they made sure the power supply was adequate. Also, after I did a little searching, it seems like all hd 4350s are low-profile-ready. If you're currently using intel chipset, that's the onboard video, so there won't be an old card to remove.

tenaciousk

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013

Yes if you had integrated graphics, there is not graphics card in the system. It was running off motherboard graphics....what to do

-Boot up, go to device manage and uninstall display drivers, Power down your system
-Take the case off and insert the new graphics card in the appropriate place
-Boot computer up and install new graphics drivers.