Graphics card instillation help

zachv2r

Reputable
Aug 24, 2014
i have a gtx 650ti and an asus m11bb, i just was trying to install the card b y watching youtube guides but i couldn't figure out where to plug in the wires which came with the card, can anyone help?

jbrown156

Reputable
May 7, 2014

the wires you are referring to must be the power card .. check on top of the card to see the six pin pci express connectors and plug it in and then plug the other end into the power supply

cowboydude99

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
Hi,
What wires came with the card?

HDMI?

Normally video cards might come with some converters for internal power supply, such as a molex. You don't have to use them.

The GPU most likely requires additional power, which you would use the cables from your PSU.

jbrown156

Reputable
May 7, 2014
i cant see the image because am behind a firewall that blocks images .. the pci express connector is basically the cord with six squares ,, you should plug the square side into the card and the other side should be connected to the power supply ..

Anakha00

Honorable
May 26, 2013
Just doing a quick google search for that motherboard pops up lots of results for an ASUS computer, so I'm assuming you bought it pre-built? Either way, as many other have said you would likely see cables that match your picture coming from your power supply, but the ASUS computers I see have 300W power supplies and therefore you probably don't have a good enough power supply to run that card. Double check your power supply sticker if you want, but you probably need to buy yourself a new one, around 500W would be fine, from a good brand such as Seasonic, XFX, or EVGA.