Graphics Card is dead'ish

Agam Barr

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013
Hello, I want to replace my semi-deceased GPU. (GTX260)

I asked here a while ago what I should get (on a 170$ budget), and you guys recommended I buy a radeon 7790 or a GTX650TI (but isnt the 650 less powerful?).

I noticed there are 2 versions to the 7790, one with 1GB and another with 2GB,

Considering my CPU is a 2Core E8400, should I even think about getting the 2GB one?
Or should I get the 650Ti?

Thanks a bunch :)

Solution
They perform pretty much the same.

You can just get the cheaper one or if you want any of their exclusive technologies:

The 7790 will be able to use the Mantle API although the benefits have not really been proven yet. It also takes less power to run than the 650 Ti (85W as opposed to 110W) So it could potentially run cooler but it really it depends on the cooling solution.

The GTX 650 Ti will let you enjoy hardware accelerated Physx in supported games like Batman Arkham and Borderlands. It also has CUDA which speeds up video editing and some content creation tasks.

If you still don't know just flip a coin.

Agam Barr

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013

Aha.. and in your opinion, 7790 2GB or GTX650Ti?

They perform pretty much the same.

You can just get the cheaper one or if you want any of their exclusive technologies:

The 7790 will be able to use the Mantle API although the benefits have not really been proven yet. It also takes less power to run than the 650 Ti (85W as opposed to 110W) So it could potentially run cooler but it really it depends on the cooling solution.

The GTX 650 Ti will let you enjoy hardware accelerated Physx in supported games like Batman Arkham and Borderlands. It also has CUDA which speeds up video editing and some content creation tasks.

If you still don't know just flip a coin.

Solution

Agam Barr

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013

True expert :)
Thanks a lot !