Graphics Card is not detected

Barbles

Commendable
May 22, 2016
I have an XFX R7770 Graphics Card installed, everything is hooked up as it should be, but my PC does not recognize it. I've gone into the BIOS, tried all the recommended troubleshooting tricks, but it just keeps reverting to my onboard graphics card, which is a GeForce 6150SE nForce 430.

I've gone into the BIOS and set the display to PCIex and I even tried PCI slot, but it always reverts back to the motherboard GPU.

My Specs:

PSU -- EVGA 500 W1 100-W1-0500-KR 80+ WHITE 500W Power Supply

Motherboard -- BIOSTAR Group NP61PC-M2S

Graphics Card -- XFX R7770

OS -- Windows 7 Professional

Processor -- AMD Athlon(tm) 7550 Dual-Core Processor 2.50 GHz

RAM -- 3.87 GB

System Type: 64-bit OS

I'm a novice when it comes to computers, so please explain to me like I'm 5. Thanks in advance everyone.

Barbles

Commendable
May 22, 2016
In my BIOS, I’ve tried going to “PnP/PCI Configurations” and changing the “Init Display First” to PCI Slot — no change. Then I changed it to PCIEx — no change. The only other option is Onboard, which is obviously what I don’t want.

I also tried going into “Integrated Peripherals” from the BIOS, but under “Onboard GPU”, the only options are “Auto” or “Always Enable”

I’m pretty sure that my Power Supply has all the recommended specs to run this graphics card, and I’m certain everything is hooked up correctly. There must be something stupid I’m overlooking.

Barbles

Commendable
May 22, 2016
The external graphics card is running, the fan is spinning and everything is connected as it should be, but when I check my device manager, the only visible output device is the onboard graphics -- the external graphics card isn't being detected whatsoever.

I really don't know what to do other than take my PC to Geek Squad or some other computer doctor in town. I really would like to avoid doing this, as last time I took my PC to geek squad, they informed me that I needed a new motherboard, power supply -- basically a new PC. When in reality, they just unplugged the SATA cable from the hard drive, and obviously didn't know wtf they were talking about.

ANY guidance/suggestions are welcome.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
If possible check the graphic card in another system if not probably something wrong with the pcie slot.

That CPU has not integrated graphic but the motherboard has onboard. Do you get picture from the motherboard D-SUB port?

Have you tried resetting the BIOS?