Graphics card issue? AMD Radeon RX 570

Mar 11, 2018
Hi all,

Not very tech savvy, which is why I decided to come here for the best help. I ordered a new PC from Dell recently (Inspiron 5675) and have run into at least one issue every day. Most of the issues point to the graphics card, but it could very well be something else.

From the very beginning, upon initial boot up, I got a handful of blue screen errors: VIDEO SCHEDULE INTERNAL ERROR. When I was finally able to update the graphics driver, the blue screens went away. I thought the problem was resolved, but nope!

Artifacts would display on my monitor at least once every day, causing the monitor to lose signal for a brief moment before getting a picture again. Upon research, I decided I would do a clean install of the graphics driver, downloading the most recent update straight from AMD's website. Again, artifacts are still appearing.

I find it somewhat odd that the artifacts only appear when I'm doing something besides gaming. During gaming, the machine runs perfectly well.

Moving on...I then reseated the graphics card after speaking with a Dell technician. Again, artifacts still existed. Then last morning as I was using the PC, I got a blue screen error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. Downloaded WhoCrashed and this was what it said:
On Sat 3/10/2018 1:17:38 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\031018-30890-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x175430)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x61941, 0x7FFE32E52E40, 0x1D, 0xFFFF800E1A7D0B00)
Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating (thermal issue) or because of a buggy driver. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 3/10/2018 1:17:38 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!RtlAvlInsertNodeEx+0x32A1)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x61941, 0x7FFE32E52E40, 0x1D, 0xFFFF800E1A7D0B00)
Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating (thermal issue) or because of a buggy driver. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

I've tested the computer with multiple monitors and multiple HDMI cables and the problem still persists. I've ran multiple memory tests using Windows Memory Diagnostic tool, used Dell's SupportAssist feature to scan hardware errors, scanned for malware, sfc /scannow, and chkdsk. Everything comes out as a 'pass'.

I'm pretty much lost at this point, but my gut feeling tells me this is a hardware issue. Here is a picture of the artifacting: https://s14.postimg.org/64sgyg11t/IMG_0677.jpg (ignore the green tint, I am not sure why my camera picked that up. The screen is colorized normally, it was just the pixelated checkerboard pattern that appeared.

Mar 11, 2018
I suppose it'd be worth updating this post again since I tried something else yesterday:

Clean installed the graphics drivers once again, but this time I disabled Windows Update from automatically installing drivers during reboot. Apparently Microsoft has a knack for pushing through old drivers during updates? I was prompted to install an AMD Media Driver from 11/01/2017 by them as well as an AMD Display Driver from some time back in June 2017. I was able to run the machine for about 6 hours without any problems yesterday, hoping for the same case today.