[SOLVED] Graphics card issue with Diablo ll Resurrected ?

Sep 23, 2021
Hello,
Ive never really been into gaming much, but ive played diablo ever since the first one came out.. I have a Lenovo thinkcentre, I'm not sure of any of the specs off the top of my head but I do know that it has intel hd integrated graphics. The computer plays diablo 3 just fine and what I was reading about diablo resurrected was that it wouldn't take too much more computing power then what you needed for diablo 2 years ago That and Ive never met any min specs for any game but they almost always seem to work, as long as I'm not to far off. Anyway when I try and run the game it says" failed to initialize graphics".

A lot of people are having issues with this and some people are already coming up with some fixes. I'm also hearing that right now the game doesn't recognize integrated graphics. I was just thinking about installing a new graphics card on my computer. I've never done it before and from what I'm reading its pretty easy to do. I noticed when shopping for cards sometimes there's a computer brand in front of the graphics card name... so I googled, lenovo thinkcentre nvidia graphics card.

Those cards say that they work with the specified models of thinkcentre. What I'm getting at is, is there anything I need to check in terms of compatibility when getting these graphics cards, and what do you think could be the cheapest card I could get? Theres the min specs posted but i have a feeling i can go a little lower then that. Game specs below.. Thank you guys

Minimum Requirements:

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • Processor: Intel Core i3-3250/AMD FX-4350
  • Video: Nvidia GTX 660/AMD Radeon HD 7850
  • Memory: 8GB RAM
  • Storage: 30GB
  • Internet: Broadband Internet connection
  • Resolution: 1280 x 720
Recommended Specifications:
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-9600k/AMD Ryzen 5 2600
  • Video: Nvidia GTX 1060/AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT
  • Memory: 16GB RAM
  • Storage: 30GB
  • Internet: Broadband Internet connection
  • Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Solution
it's possible that your CPU/iGPU doesn't support the DX or SSE requirements.
you need to provide the complete system specs of the Lenovo system.

is there anything I need to check in terms of compatibility
depending on the card;
you need a capable power supply with the proper PCIe power cables,
you need a decent case with airflow capable of keeping the GPU cool enough,
you would need to ensure that you have sufficient PCIe slot spacing,
sufficient space between motherboard and case side panel,
and sufficient space between rear and front panels or any interior obstruction(disk trays, etc.).
what do you think could be the cheapest card I could get?
you would need to provide a budget range.

is there anything I need to check in terms of compatibility
depending on the card;
and sufficient space between rear and front panels or any interior obstruction(disk trays, etc.).
what do you think could be the cheapest card I could get?

Solution
Sep 23, 2021

depending on the card;

Budget range would be up to between 100-150 but i could do $200.

and thanks guys..ill get back to you with my computer specs tomorrow. Working. I guess a lot of people are having the same problem with the game. People who have computers that go way beyond the requirements. Hopefully they come out with a fix soon. Either way I'm gonna upgrade my card.

Sep 23, 2021
Hello so I have a lenovo thinkcentre m91. and these are my specs

Device name DESKTOP-DB5183N
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.83 GB usable)
Device ID EF89FA1D-08D8-4142-8357-BDB5632AEDAF
Product ID 00326-03509-34326-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display
Intel HD Graphics

basically id like to find a good budget graphics card to put in this computer, good enough to run diablo 2 resurrected. Some one told me a good budget card was the nvidia geforce gt 710. Would that be enough to run the game then? thanks again

nick

these specs offer nothing in regards to determining compatibility.
we need the actual specs of the included hardware.
at very least;
motherboard,
power supply,
case.

otherwise more than likely you will purchase a card and find that you still need a new motherboard and power supply.
then find that they don't fit in the Lenovo proprietary case so you also need a replacement for that.

as with the majority of proprietary pre-built systems, you will probably be better off just building an adequate system yourself and incorporating what you can out of the current setup.

Sep 23, 2021
these specs offer nothing in regards to determining compatibility.
we need the actual specs of the included hardware.
at very least;
motherboard,
power supply,
case.

otherwise more than likely you will purchase a card and find that you still need a new motherboard and power supply.
then find that they don't fit in the Lenovo proprietary case so you also need a replacement for that.

as with the majority of proprietary pre-built systems, you will probably be better off just building an adequate system yourself and incorporating what you can out of the current setup.
ok thanks for replying. i didnt know those were the specs you were looking for.the power supply is 240w..and in doing some research and watching some videos of people putting graphics cards in the same computer that I have, I need a low profile card with smaller or shorter brackets...i mean a low profile bracket. how do i find the motherboard specs on my motherboard..in one of the videos the guy put in a used nvidia geforce gt 710.. in the original case

Sep 23, 2021
Oh I'm sorry..like I said I havnt done this before..I looked at a couple videos and have done some research and I've come to the conclusion that I need a low profile card, low profile bracket bc the case is pretty small..it has 240 w psu....I watched a video were a guy put that Nvidia gt 710 in my computer with the original Case..how do I find the motherboard specs...what kind of terms is it in or how is it measured...and is there somewhere that tells you the case size? Thank you

how do I find the motherboard specs...what kind of terms is it in or how is it measured...and is there somewhere that tells you the case size?
the motherboard specs should be listed in any product description or possibly the invoice.
they should give at very least a manufacturer
and a serial number may be found on the motherboard itself.
with this info you can go to the motherboard manufacturer's site and search for any serial number or product ID.
sizes would be ATX, mATX, E-ATX, or proprietary sized.
the case is pretty small
case information related to size/dimensions should be available in the Lenovo product description pages.
it has 240 w psu
the power supply wattage and the available PCIe power cables are necessary to tell which card you can support.
240w is a very low power PSU.
even though it can run some older and some less intensive games it's definitely not intended for any type of gaming other than maybe Solitaire-type or browser based games.

if it doesn't currently offer adequate power for any card you may choose you may not be able to upgrade the PSU due to the case size & placement restrictions.

Sep 23, 2021
I can upgrade the PSU right? But that all depends on case size?,how do you figure out if you have enough power?do you add certain components together and if it's under the 240 it's good?

I can upgrade the PSU right? But that all depends on case size?
not just case size exactly.
but also it's internal dimensions.

a LOT of these Dell, HP, Lenovo pre-built systems have a specific case design that only fits a specific proprietary motherboard & power supply.

there may be an odd shaped compartment / irregular dimensions that is proprietary to that specific company and are not compatible with standard components.
how do you figure out if you have enough power?
you check what is necessary for your graphics card and make sure you have at least that plus enough to power your other components.

the last generations of Nvidia & AMD cards usually have the minimum recommended wattage for that card posted in their product specs.
the wattage is based on what your average gaming system plus that card would need.