Question Graphics Card Issue

Oct 4, 2022
So my MSI RTX GAMING X 3090 Ti just completly went unresponsive out of nowhere 3 months ago while gaming (Hogwarts Legacy to be specific), been using motherboard graphics U770 since then (no gaming) and I haven't been able to fix it. I sent it to manufacturer for further analysis I just got it today from them saying the card is alright and that nothing is wrong with it. I've tried to replace cables, monitors - nothing helped. I got some older Radeon Sapphire card from a friend today just to see if it's a graphics card problem or motherboard problem. Interesting thing is that both cards didn't work in first PCIe slot, but Radeon worked on second/lower PCIe slot, while my RTX 3090Ti did not.
The RTX 3090Ti is not recognized in device manager, just my intel onboard graphics shows up.
Has anyone had the same problem and come to a solution for it with anything? When I connect it, the light turns on but the fans don't spin. Under Device Manager, it doesn't show at all under the Display Adapters and I can't download its drivers unless it has that signal detected. Any suggestions?

Specs:
Asus Rog Strix Z-690-e Gaming Wifi
Intel i9-12900k
G.Skill DDR5 5200Mhz 64GB
MSI RTX GAMING X TRIO 3090Ti
Seasonic 1000W Gold Fully Modular PSU

Thank you for any answer/solution provided.

So my MSI RTX GAMING X 3090 Ti just completly went unresponsive out of nowhere 3 months ago while gaming (Hogwarts Legacy to be specific), been using motherboard graphics U770 since then (no gaming) and I haven't been able to fix it. I sent it to manufacturer for further analysis I just got it today from them saying the card is alright and that nothing is wrong with it. I've tried to replace cables, monitors - nothing helped. I got some older Radeon Sapphire card from a friend today just to see if it's a graphics card problem or motherboard problem. Interesting thing is that both cards didn't work in first PCIe slot, but Radeon worked on second/lower PCIe slot, while my RTX 3090Ti did not.
The RTX 3090Ti is not recognized in device manager, just my intel onboard graphics shows up.
Has anyone had the same problem and come to a solution for it with anything? When I connect it, the light turns on but the fans don't spin. Under Device Manager, it doesn't show at all under the Display Adapters and I can't download its drivers unless it has that signal detected. Any suggestions?

Specs:
Asus Rog Strix Z-690-e Gaming Wifi
Intel i9-12900k
G.Skill DDR5 5200Mhz 64GB
MSI RTX GAMING X TRIO 3090Ti
Seasonic 1000W Gold Fully Modular PSU

Thank you for any answer/solution provided.
The only troubleshooting step that I could offer you would be to try the RTX 3090 Ti in your friend's PC and see if it works there. I have a strong feeling that your motherboard is the problem because there's no good reason why both cards wouldn't work in the primary PCI-Express x16 slot.

As for why the Radeon works in the secondary slot but not the GeForce, I would wager that there's a power delivery problem in your motherboard's PCI-Express slots. The RTX 3090 Ti is THE single most power-hungry card on the market today, eclipsing even the RTX 4090. I think that the only card to ever exist that used more juice was the PowerColor Radeon R9 390x2 Devil 13 with a TDP of 580W.

Motherboard slots are supposed to be capable of 75W but if it isn't, it might be enough for the Radeon to start but not enough for the GeForce. It's just a guess, but it would seem to fit the situation.

Oct 4, 2022
After thorough diagnostic it seems the problem was all along in the power adapter of the graphics card. This is not yet 100% confirmed, as I need to test it with another power adapter of that kind. Now it's weekend so I have to wait 'till Monday to test this and confirm. I'm just shocked that my graphics card went through 3 sets of repair centers and none of them had the idea to test original power adapter that came with the card. They all tested the card with their own power adapter so of course the card worked for them. The card is still under warranty so if it comes to that, I can request a new power adapter.
I just have a question for people on this forum - 'cause I have Seasonic PSU, I saw they have their own power adapter to buy "Seasonic 12VHPWR Cable". Link: https://seasonic.com/12vhpwr-cable

Will this be a better option or the same? I just wanna know so I don't throw money away, 'cause I can get new original adapter for free, since it's under warranty, but I don't want to risk another failure with the original.
Thanks