Graphics card issues

robbrad08

Prominent
Sep 22, 2018
I have quadro k600 graphics card that I plugged into the PCIE2 x 16 slot that has the fan spinning when i power the computer on but no display appears on the monitor using a DVI cable. Please advise

Solution
Well, that's good at least. I'd always stick to new when it comes to graphics cards. Next to power supplies they are the most likely component to be ridden too hard so they are usually one of the first components in a build that dies.

robbrad08

Prominent
Sep 22, 2018
The dvi cable is plugged into the graphics card... not into the intergrated graphics VGA port. The computer is a dell optiplex 960 and the board is an lga 775 slot for a core 2 duo quad cpu

robbrad08

Prominent
Sep 22, 2018
On the monitor I set it to DVI input as source and the monitor went into standby. When I completely unplugged the dvi from graphics card the monitor stated check signal so it was detecting something but nothing displayed

Have you tried it in another system to verify it even works? I am very doubtful. We see a lot of fleabay cards here that people have purchased that are either not what they were supposed to be, or are faulty. I suspect yours may be faulty. Not terribly surprising. I hope you didn't pay much for it or can invoke the ebay guarantee and return it if it turns out to be bad.

Might also want to make sure your motherboard has the most recent bios version installed.

TRENDING THREADS