Question Graphics Card just won't turn on anymore.

Jan 5, 2020
Hi there, so the other day my screen just randomly appeared with green pixelated lines, and I figured that's not right so I gave my computer a restart, ever since then when I turn my computer on using an HDMI into my graphics card, it will boot but my monitor will just turn on (displaying a grey screen) and then turn off, and it will keep doing this.
The GPU is just over a years old also and taken care of, could anyone help with the problem

The fans turn on and everything seems like it's running smoothly, I have a Nvidia 1050 TI

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums!

We will need more information. List your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Include the age of your PSU apart from it's make and model. You may want to rule out a faulty/failing PSU by taking the GPU to a donor system with at least 450W of power from a reliable PSU and see if the same issue persists.

Jan 5, 2020
CPU: I5-6400 2.70GHz
Motherboard: MS-7978
Ram: 8 GB
SSD/HDD: HS-SSD-E100 1024G and SanDIsk SSD Plus 120 GB (Holds my windows)
GPU: Nvidia Galax 1050 TI
PSU: 500 Watts LC-8500btx PSU must be around 3 years old now?
Chassis: Just a simple Chasis iv had for years which has been fine

Take note, that everything was working perfectly fine just the other day and has been for a year, and then when I looked again, my screen just had weird green pixeled lines.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2020
Welcome to the forums!

CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Include the age of your PSU apart from it's make and model. You may want to rule out a faulty/failing PSU by taking the GPU to a donor system with at least 450W of power from a reliable PSU and see if the same issue persists.

It's a pretty old system, but has been working wonders, iv put the specs above