Graphics Card Mobo Compatibility Question

Kouretn

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2010
I just built my desktop using an ASUS M4A78T-E motherboard. This comes with an integrated ATI Radeon HD3300 GPU. In an effort to use dual HDMI inputs for my monitors (and play Blu-Ray) I needed to obviously add a video card. After rushing the issue and not doing enough research I selected the GIGABYTE ATI Radeon 4670. It only occurred to me afterward that these companies (ASUS and GIGABYTE) have serious issues with cross-compatibility. I tried installing the videocard before learning this and hoping for my system to autodetect the appropriate settings. When I did this, there was no video whatsoever. Im relatively new to this so I have a few questions...

1. Will this videocard ever work with the motherboard I have...?

2. How do I effectively disable the onboard video so that maybe I can get this videocard to work...?

i don't know about compatibility between asus and gigabyte but the card suppose to be work with your motherboard. i have friend that also have asus mobo and video card from gigabyte and it works perfectly fine for him. to disable the on board video you can do that by change the setting by entering in to BIOS. btw what is your PSU?