[Graphics card/monitors]new to eyefinity have question about 3xmonitor

ausername

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
Hi, I am new to computer building in general, but I have recently finished building my first computer.
I was wondering I have a single MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC video card. Is it possible to connect triple monitors to just that one card?
If I can connect 3, which 3 monitors do you guys/girls suggest for minimum price/maximum quality?
in portrait mode also~

Thanks~ :)

going with nVidia it's "2D/3D surround" going with AMD it's "Eyefinity"
a single AMD HD 6K/7K GPU supports up to 4 monitors.
you need to SLI the GTX 560Ti in order to support 3 monitors.

i always recommend 3-way CF for Eyefinity, and in order to enjoy gaming at high resolution and high FPS you need to SLI GTX 580s

ausername

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011

How come on this webpage http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0355794 under SPECS it says support up to 3 monitors?

ausername

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011

thanks for the webpage, but im kind of new to this so dont know how to read it.
can u look at the page i post again you have to click SPECS

i clicked specs, in the specifications table it's 3D: yes no 3D monitors support, and the link i provided shows the GPUs that are capable of running 3 monitors.
the GTX 295, 590 can run it without SLI becasue they are dual GPUs, the rest GPUs beging from GTX 460 (you need 2 × GTX 460).
begining from GTX 260 you need 3-way SLI (3 × GTX 260)
a single GTX 460 or 560Ti supports only 2 monitors, you need to SLI the GTX 560Ti to hook up 3rd monitor

ausername

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011

ahh ok thanks~ i think im starting to understand, so even in NON 3D mode i still need another card to hook up the 3rd monitor?

If I want 3 monitor setup do you think I should return my card (bought card for 250) and get a multi-GPU or get another one of the same card which way is minimize the cost/maximum the gain? thanks~

ausername

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011

What if not necessarily always gaming sometimes just for more productivity like opening more documents or programs on more than just one monitor?

the HD 6950 has 2 DVIs, 2 Mini DisplayPorts, 1 HDMI
you connect the third monitor via a DisplayPort To DVI adapter