[SOLVED] Graphics card no longer works / PCIE issue?

Apr 13, 2020
I have a GTX 1060 and I recently opened up my prebuilt computer to fix some of the terrible cable management they did. As I was removing my graphics card the little clip on the PCIe slot to hold the card it broke off. Now when I plug in the graphics card and power on, the monitor does not come on at all. When I remove it and boot without the card my keyboard lights up and I boot to windows. Could the PCIe slot be broken? Or is it the graphics card? Thank you so much because I’m really scared

Solution
Yes something may be broken but it's also likely the card is just not seated properly in the slot due to the back clip being broken off. You may want to see if you can fix that with some plastic glue, that stuff tends to bond well enough that it's as strong as the original part.
Yes something may be broken but it's also likely the card is just not seated properly in the slot due to the back clip being broken off. You may want to see if you can fix that with some plastic glue, that stuff tends to bond well enough that it's as strong as the original part.

Solution