Graphics card no signal out of sleep mode.

Feb 4, 2019
When I put my computer in sleep mode and then reboot it, my display says no signal then will just stay black. If I completely shutdown my computer and reboot it, it works just fine.
My gpu is a gtx 970 with a vga supernova gold 750W psu.
All the cables are connected correctly, and the gpu is snug in the pci slot. All the lights come on for my 970 whenever I boot out of sleep mode. I am running windows 10 education edition. My monitor is a view sonic XG2402. My Pc seems to run perfectly fine all the time other than this issue.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as my googlefu has failed me so far. Thank you

I suspect that your monitor is not getting sufficient power to recognize the wake up call.
You may have options in the motherboard to not use the more aggressive power savings options of sleep.
There may be a firmware update for your GTX970 to address this.
I do not know if there might be a software setting.

I have experienced this before.
Once, in the far past, the cause was ultimately the Yamakazi monitor itself. My solution was to do a quick power off/on to the monitor.
Currently, Intermittently see this on an older HP monitor which resolves itself with a power off/on to the monitor.