[SOLVED] Graphics card not being detected or not getting power

Jan 27, 2021
Specs
Intel i5-3340
8gb RAM
GPU: Nvidia GTX 950
PSU: EVGA 500B
MOBO: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WDNNHRM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
(has no name afaik so posting this link)

So I have an issue where I have attempted to reinsert my graphics card many times and it still will not be detected by the computer. my hypothesis is that it is an issue with the PSU since it did start before with a different PSU that I had to replace with the current one because it was apparently burning when I tried to turn it on. The 6-pin connector of this PSU seems to be going in fine to the GPU, it seems connected to the PSU, the PSU is definitely powering everything else I have it connected to, I'm not sure what the problem is though it could be something other than the PSU. The possibility that the GPU is turning on but not being detected is also not the case since the fan is not spinning or anything.

Any suggestions? Thank you.

Solution
" I had to replace with the current one because it was apparently burning when I tried to turn it on "

There is a possibility that your old PSU dying and burning damaged the GPU or the board PCIe slot.

The quick and easy way to test this is to test your GPU in another system or another GPU in your system.
" I had to replace with the current one because it was apparently burning when I tried to turn it on "

There is a possibility that your old PSU dying and burning damaged the GPU or the board PCIe slot.

The quick and easy way to test this is to test your GPU in another system or another GPU in your system.

Solution
Jan 27, 2021

I think you may be correct. I don't have the capability of trying the gpu in another system but I tried using the old PSU again and it still did not work. I think the gpu itself may be the issue but I'm not sure how I would confirm this.

TRENDING THREADS