Question Graphics Card not detected after unfortunate incident.

Apr 8, 2019
Problem:
Graphics card not showing on Device Manager after power outage. Monitor says no signal, the fan is spinning.

---

Hardware and software:
AMD-A6 3650 APU with Radeon HD 6530D
Motherboard Asrock A75M-HVS
4GB DDR3 Generic RAM
500W Cooler Master PSU (RS-500-PCAR-D3)
MSI N550GTX-TI Cyclone II 1GD5/OC (Not detected)
Windows 7 (64) Ultimate SP1
American Megatrends P2.00 BIOS

---

• I checked for Windows Updates, there were no recent updates.
  • Extracted the card, inspected for physical damage, none found. Cleaned card and PCIe slot connectors, also card port connectors. Reseated properly.
  • Checked RAM on both slots, cleaned connectors.
  • Entered BIOS, made sure PCIe was active, there are no other options in the BIOS.
  • Updated BIOS from P1.20 to P2.00. No difference.
  • Uninstalled NVidia drivers. Probably a bad idea, now I can't reinstall because the card is not being detected, it was already on the latest drivers (391.35).
  • Reseted CMOS using jumper cables on Motherboard.
  • I was going to flash the VBIOS but I don't have the knowledge to do so.
  • Graphics card declared dead out of frustration, after 4 years of service.
  • Installed HD 6530D drivers.

---

At the moment I have the VGA Monitor connected to the Motherboard VGA port (Radeon HD 6530D), before I had the same VGA cable from the monitor to the DVI port on the GTX550TI through a VGA to DVI adaptor.

I think I have isolated the problem to 3 components:
  • Faulty PCIe slot on Motherboard.
  • Faulty VGA to DVI Adaptor.
  • Physically damaged Graphics Card due to power outage or corrupted VBIOS.

I will get a new adaptor later today, I have no access to another PC to check the graphics card on a different Motherboard PCIe slot, I have no access to another PCIe graphics card to check if the PCIe slot is the problem. So, if anyone has any other idea or advice for me, I'll be very grateful.

Apr 8, 2019
Could be the gpu, could be the psu as well. Hard to tell without parts.

Does the gpu fans spin? If it does, it's getting some power from the slot, just not enough from psu to operate. (Not a certain explanation)

Yes, the GPU fan is working. I will get a new PSU and if that fails I guess I will take the GPU somewhere they can test it on a different MB.

Judgement131313

Honorable
Jul 15, 2013
Dude i have the same problem too but mine didn't work after I updated my windows(1809) and went to bed the next morning it's showing no signal on my monitor but onboard graphics works. Its also not showing in device manager.

I tried:
Reset CMOS
Tried different RAM
Tried different cable and monitor(monitor and cable work on my ps4 too)
tried different gpu(also tried my current gpu on a different pc and its WORKING)
Tried different MOBO
Went to bios and put pcie as my main display
tried a different PSU

NOTHING WORK!!!

Current PC (Built December 2017) ---------------------------------------------------------------- Spare PC/parts
CPU: i3 8100 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Cpu: amd fx 6300
Mobo: GIGABYTE B360 AORUS Gaming 3 / Asus Prime h310m-e------------------mobo: asus am3+ mobo
Ram: 2x4gb 2400 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Ram: ddr3 2x4gb
Gpu: gtx 1050ti-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------GPU: r9 270x
Psu: evga 500 B------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------PSU: corsair 500 B

Its like my PC cant detect any pcie/pci
My last suspect now is the cpu but i dont know if a cpu can actually make your pcie/pci not working. I need some CPU expert on their opinion before i buy a new one