Graphics Card Not Detected by Computer ** Urgent!

Paulcampbell37

Honorable
Mar 28, 2013
Hello everyone , this is my first time posting a problem so please be forgiving if I don't give enough information. ** Here we go**

Specifications:

* Motherboard - Biostar H61MH - http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=525#spec

* Cpu - Pentium g2020 ( new ivy bridge)

* GPU - MSI 6570 -http://www.msi.com/product/vga/R6570-MD1GD3-LP.html

* Ram - 4gb 1333 mhz ( mark vision)

The problem as stated before is not really the computer not working , everything except graphics card is okay. For some reason the graphics card is not detected by the computer . I checked in device manager under display adapters and all that was there was the Intel HD graphics , no AMD radeon 6570 at all ! I must add though that I don't really think my graphics card is faulty as I already tested it on another computer system I have at home and it is detected , as well as this when the card is in my new system the one with biostar h61mh motherboard , I can clearly see fans spinning .

I am begging anyone for any more suggestions . I have tried to fix this on my own for an entire day and its really frustrating . After studying for nearly half a year I really wanted to relax by using computer to play games but I can't .

Thanks in advance for anyone reading my plea.

** Sorry if my english is bad, im from jamaica ... **

D

Deleted member 217926

Do you have another card available to test with? Sounds like the card might be dead. I can't think it's a power supply issue with a card as low in power usage as a 6570.

trumpeter1994

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
I know this sounds like a stupid question, but are you sure the PCI-E finger of the card is in the slot all the way (Believe it or not I've seen this happen before) and also if there is a fan on the card is it spinning up?

Paulcampbell37

Honorable
Mar 28, 2013
To anort3 I really don't think card is dead as I tested it b4 on another computer and it was detected and actually worked . As for bignastyid The monitor is plugged into my motherboard now as its the only way I can get anything to display since graphics card is not being dectected

Paulcampbell37

Honorable
Mar 28, 2013

As said before the card's fans are spinning just not being detected and as for umm the card being all the way in the slot , it is fully all the way down

Paulcampbell37

Honorable
Mar 28, 2013

xtech 600 watt , To be honest I really don't think its a PSU issue as the card is low powered and when I tested the same card on another system using a 400 watt it got detected .

D

Deleted member 217926

Either a bad card or a bad PCI-E slot on the motherboard. If you had another card you could test you could tell for sure. I preach power supply quality all day long here but the 6570 is a very low power card and should work with just about any functioning PSU.

Paulcampbell37

Honorable
Mar 28, 2013
Can anyone give me anymore information on a bad pcie slot ? How could it be bad if the card thats in it has fans spinning and I can cleary see that . Also how rare are cases in which bad pcie slot is the reason for card not being detected?

D

Deleted member 217926

It's actually one of the more common reasons a motherboard will be defective. It could be anything from bad solder to the board having been bent to a broken contact. If you know the card works in another PC it almost has to be a bad slot.

That being said I would replace that PSU as soon as you can afford it. It's low end garbage and low end garbage tends to fail in spectacular ways if you overload it. Like by blowing up. A very good Corsair 430CX can be found on sale for ~$20-$30 quite easily.

Paulcampbell37

Honorable
Mar 28, 2013

Is there anything else I may do and as for PSU I honestly don't think that the PSU is the prob as everything in my new system is really low powered . I think I am just going to have t bear using the onboard HD graphics until I can afford to get a new motherboard . Its really hard getting computer parts in Jamaica especially that PSU u mentioned as everything here , computer related is doubled or at times tripled in price .

Asking again though before I leave is there any other " desperate " solutions , at this point I am open to anything .

trumpeter1994

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
Yeah I agree this sounds like something is malfunctioning, especially because you say the card works in another computer, I agree that you should try and get your hands in another card and try it out on the motherboard as it sounds as though it may be at fault.