[SOLVED] Graphics card not detected in device manager..

MistVee

Reputable
BANNED
Jul 18, 2019
I just got a gt 1030.. when i install it as i said the device manager does not detect it.. i tried installing graphics drivers.. it fails and says no compatible hardware was found.. the fan spins on the graphics card.. so i assume it does work.. it is also brand new..
My motherboard is a Ecs h61h2-m12
4GB
A 550w power supply..
Windows 7 64 bit..
Someone please help me out here.. thanks in advance..

Solution
You might have to update the BIOS, then install the chipset drivers, before the GT1030 is recognised. Go to https://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/P...-M12 -LL-V1-DO-0-RR-/Socket 1155-LL-Intel-RR-, then download the manual, chipset driver and newest BIOS. Read page 55 of the manual - Updating the BIOS, make sure you follow the instructions.
To create a bootable USB, use Rufus, choose FreeDOS for the type, and then create it. Once done, you can create a folder straight on that USB, and copy all of the BIOS file and the updater into it. Now you are ready to boot update it, simply follow the manual instructions, and those found on the BIOS update, to successfully flash it.
Then, you can...
You might have to update the BIOS, then install the chipset drivers, before the GT1030 is recognised. Go to https://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/P...-M12 -LL-V1-DO-0-RR-/Socket 1155-LL-Intel-RR-, then download the manual, chipset driver and newest BIOS. Read page 55 of the manual - Updating the BIOS, make sure you follow the instructions.
To create a bootable USB, use Rufus, choose FreeDOS for the type, and then create it. Once done, you can create a folder straight on that USB, and copy all of the BIOS file and the updater into it. Now you are ready to boot update it, simply follow the manual instructions, and those found on the BIOS update, to successfully flash it.
Then, you can install the chipset drivers for your PC. If you are an Windows 10, it is fine to use the Windows 8 ones. Uninstall and reinstall the GT1030 drivers, and it should be good. If you need any more help, just give the word.

Solution