Graphics card not outputting to monitor, but it seems to be working.

Dhanvanthri

Reputable
Mar 25, 2014
Hey guys, I moved my computer from India to America, and when I plugged everything in when I got there, the computer works and stuff fine, but my graphics card doesn't seem to be outputting at all. It's a Zotac OC GTX 780, and all of it's fans are spinning and stuff, but it doesn't seem to be outputting via HDMI. I have a GD65 MOBO, I've already set the BIOS to the right thing, however, my computer just seems to be failing to recognize the existence of my card.
The computer's onboard graphics works fine, but the graphics card itself doesn't seem to be outputting at all...

UPDATE: I just ran GPUZ, and even though it's plugged into the MOBO, my card isn't being detected. The fan and stuff still running though. No clue what's happening, mild panic beginning to set in...
UPDATE: I disconnected and reconnected all of the PCIE cords. Nothing seems to be working, I'm really scared now, and I'm on the verge of a breakdown. Someone please help get my graphics card up.
Any help would be appreciated.

Not that I mean to be cheeky but you have read the manual that came with the board.
It tells you every thing you need to know, to enter the bios.
The keys to use on the keyboard to navigate the menus.
And details each section to do with Graphics adapter settings and other interface selection or changes.

If it sounds rude, it`s not men`t to be sorry to say It`s the reason why every board comes with a manual on setup and bios settings and features of the board.
Knowing the board came with the manual since you know exactly what model of board it is right down to it being an Msi tells you.
Since you have to ask here is, you have never bothered to sit down and read it in full.
The exact purpose of why it is provided.
And why your now asking for help, in short you never even thought about it.

If you have lost the manual or thrown it in a corner not bothering to read it who is at fault ?
Anyway if you have lost the manual then you can always got to the Msi web page click on support and download the manual on any other machine in pdf format to help you out, in most cases with a bit of reading resolving the problem.
A simple step by step guide.
Here is the Link to the manual for your Msi Z87-GD65 motherboard.
http://uk.msi.com/support/mb/Z87GD65_GAMING.html#down-manual

I hope this helps you.

Dhanvanthri

Reputable
Mar 25, 2014

I'm going to check that right now, unplug and replug all the cables. I find it weird that it wouldn't work though, since they've worked fine for nearly 6 months now..

TRENDING THREADS