graphics card not performing to factory spec

cronus.jitter

Commendable
Jul 2, 2018
[Moderator Note: Edited to break up "wall of text" and run on sentence - just added CR's to ease reading....]

so maybe someone can shed some light on this but i have a msi radeon r7 250 thats been throwing me bad issues since the day i bought it

and for some reason when i got the card it was only running at 1000 core clock and 800 memory clock keep in mind this is a ddr3 card

so after messing with some settings i finally got it to 1100 boost clock but the memory still remains at 800 and it is slaughtering performance

and i think it might be due to the bios on the card but im not for sure on it because i can turn the memory clock up to 1040 wich is as high as msi afterburner will let me go

and i can load into a game but as soon as i move it freezes then i can control del revert to 800 and go bank into the game without restarting now

this is pretty weird saying that my transfer rate is at 3.9 gbs when factory is 180gbs wich is a huge difference it has done this to me with 2 pcs now

specs:
AMD FX-8350
16gbs ddr3 1600mhz ram
asus m5a78l-m/plus motherboard
evga 600b1 600watt psu
msi radeon r7 250 2gb ddr3

cronus.jitter

Commendable
Jul 2, 2018
found out my card was thermal throttling so bad the bios had to be flashed twice to fix the error that the card was laced with then i changed the thermal paste on the card to some antec formula 7 and it has seemed to have worked