Graphics Card Not Powering On

DyllanH

Commendable
Jun 9, 2016
A few weeks ago I started having an issue where, while playing Fortnite, my computer would completely crash, and my monitors would turn solid random colors and the audio would buzz/loop. I replaced my PSU because I thought this could be the issue, but what ended up being a temporary fix was turning down the power consumption on my GPU. Every week or so, I would get another crash, and reduce the power consumption, and it would be ok for another week or so. This repeated for a few months, until tonight it crashed, but when I relogged in, my screen cut to black, and my graphics card won't turn on anymore. I cleared the CMOS on my computer by shorting the CMOS battery, and I powered back on with my integrated graphics, and noticed a few oddities:
There are odd artifacts on websites; all of the buttons on reddit and other websites have X's through them, and weird layering occurs with textures on websites.

All of my password and history data was deleted.

Also, the date on my computer was set to 12/31/2114.
Could these oddities be a result of the graphics card failure, or is the graphics card not being read as a result of other issues?

Solution
Wrong date and time is an effect of clearing CMOS and you are supposed to set it manually in BIOS. It can also be reason for problems on sites and internet.
Without knowing details about your computer is difficult to think of cause or fix. You need to check ll components first anyway.
Wrong date and time is an effect of clearing CMOS and you are supposed to set it manually in BIOS. It can also be reason for problems on sites and internet.
Without knowing details about your computer is difficult to think of cause or fix. You need to check ll components first anyway.

Solution