Question Graphics card not recognized, not sure if dead or PCIE slot is fried

Apr 10, 2023
I spilled beer on my PC last night and fell asleep while it was still turned on. When I woke up this morning to get on my PC it was not displaying anything and after a reboot the VGA light on my motherboard was lit up, tried taking the GPU out and sitting it back and tried switching the 8-pin connectors used to power it. Onboard graphics work fine, PCIE lanes are all shown in device manager.

ASUS TUF Gaming H670-PRO
RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance
ASUS TUF RTX 3070Ti
SSD: 1TB Samsung Evo
CPU: i7-12700k

Apr 10, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Might want to inspect the entire build, taking it all apart and inspecting for any residues and signs of fluid damage/shorts.
Thank you for your response! Ive taken it apart to inspect the case and motherboard for where the spillage might have occurred. There is residue on the PSU shroud a little in front of and below where my radiator is mounted on the front of my case, the only other residue that i have seen was on the backplate of the GPU near where the 8pin power connectors are supposed to be connected, i did try to clean with 99% isopropyl as I unfortunately have had this happen in the past with a previous card which I was able to save. A friend has offered to let me test the card on his system so that i can determine if the card is dead or if it is a problem with the PCIE slot on my motherboard, so hopefully this helps me come to a conclusion!

Reactions: Avro Arrow
Thank you for your response! Ive taken it apart to inspect the case and motherboard for where the spillage might have occurred. There is residue on the PSU shroud a little in front of and below where my radiator is mounted on the front of my case, the only other residue that i have seen was on the backplate of the GPU near where the 8pin power connectors are supposed to be connected, i did try to clean with 99% isopropyl as I unfortunately have had this happen in the past with a previous card which I was able to save. A friend has offered to let me test the card on his system so that i can determine if the card is dead or if it is a problem with the PCIE slot on my motherboard, so hopefully this helps me come to a conclusion!
That's the best way. Test the component in question with another PC.