• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Graphics Card not showing

Jun 26, 2020
So before I get started, here are my specs.

Motherboard: Maximus VII Hero
Graphics Card: Evga GTX 970 FTW
Power Supply: Evga Supernova 850 B2
Processor: Intel i7-4790k 4.0 ghz
8 GB ram, 1 tb hd, a ssd

So it started a few days back, I turned on my computer and for some reason I had no display appearing on my monitor. It gave me a "Monitor going to sleep" notification, then it went to sleep. I decided to switch my VGA to my onboard slot, and it worked fine, so I easily figured it was my graphics card.

I looked everywhere on my computer, device manager, BIOS, Nvidia can't detect it, it doesn't exist. I dug into my computer, I moved my graphics card to a new PCI-e slot. Still nothing. I changed the power chords connecting my gpu to the psu, nothing. I took my RAM out and cleaned that as well (I read that could be a fix), still nothing.

My GPU IS getting some sort of power, one fan spins for a second, then it stops and the other fan spins for a second, and back and fourth. The fans also start on startup.

Can someone please help?

Edit: I've had this device for years. Haven't messed with the insides for a little while, I don't feel like it is a PSU issue because it has never failed like this before.

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS