Question Graphics card not working/ not detected

Apr 19, 2019
Specs:
CPU: Intel i3 8100
Mobo: Gigabyte z370 xp sli (rev 1.0)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (4x2)
GPU: XFX radeon RX 580 GTS Black Edition (Now Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6GB)
Storage: Kingston 240gb SSD, WD Blue 1TB HDD
PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower TPD-0750M (750 watt)
Case: NZXT h500i (two front intake fans, one top exhaust, one rear exhaust)

First PC build, and a complete novice, so excuse any incorrect statements and corrections are welcome. Built my system three months ago, and it has worked flawlessly since then.

Three days ago I bought two white LED fans to replace the top and rear exhaust. Install went well and they were up and running. All connections checked and operational upon startup. I was playing a game with HW Monitor open and everything looked good. CPU sub 50C w/ normal utilization, GPU at 75-78C under full load. No stuttering or unusual artifacts.

Suddenly the system lost power, more like a 2 second flicker, and immediately rebooted. Fans, LED strips lights, everything working properly. No signal from either monitor. After trying different cables and ports I switched to onboard graphics via HDMI and everything was working properly. No fan spin from GPU on startup (this card would do this briefly before)

Powered down, unplugged all cords. Reseated RAM, GPU, checked connections. Rebooted and GPU had an error in Device Manager. Uninstalled GPU from device manager and rebooted. Since then I have been unable to get my GPU to be detected by windows.

Troubleshooting:
-Reseated GPU again to ensure it was correctly connected
-Switched GPU to second PCIe slot on MOBO
-Switched PCIe cable output on PSU
-Normal troubleshooting on Device manager (show hidden devices, scan for hardware changes, etc)
-Checked BIOS to see if GPU was detected and it wasn’t
-Reset BIOS by removing battery on Motherboard
-Ran DDU to remove AMD drivers
-Full reset of windows (drives cleaned)
-I may have missed a couple of things, but I have tried everything I have found online and in this forum other than updating BIOS

After all this, and repeating some steps after changing tactics, still nothing from the AMD card.

Purchased a Gigabyte 1660 OC 6GB. With a fresh install of windows I installed the GPU and it was not detected. I then went through the same troubleshooting as before with the new card. This card is not detected either.

It doesn’t allow me to download AMD or Nvidia drivers due to no hardware found.

What could be going on? Does my BIOS need an update? Two bad PCIe slots on mobo? Bad power supply? One early retirement GPU and another DOA GPU? Any suggestions would be most appreciated. I am at work and will not be home until later tonight, but I would love to hear what you all think.

Apr 19, 2019
That may be caused by the installer failing to insert power cables correctly (not all the way in) and they fail to make a connection. If that does not correct the problem, I would try another power supply.

That is my suspicion. I have checked the cables obsessively the last few days and I'm pretty sure they are plugged in correctly. Being a novice I didn't know if the fact that the rest of my system is functioning properly ruled out a PSU problem. Thank you for your reply!

Apr 19, 2019
Installed the new PSU. All connections checked again and securely seated. Still nothing from the old or new GPU. New motherboard arrvies today. At least these weren't horrendously expensive components, and are still under warranty. I will have a nice little test PC at this rate.

Apr 19, 2019
Installed the new motherboard and everything is running smoothly. Now I'm upset about all of the trouble shooting effort and pulling my hair out just to find out it was a faulty component. Thank you to those who replied!