[SOLVED] Graphics card PCIE cable bent is that okay??

Solution
One tech guy was like : aye be careful son cables can be cut like that or break. And ever since then im freaked out even tho my brother told me not to listen to local tech shops because they are "clueless" what do you think? The cables are PULLED or tight either..it was just on my neck so wanted to ask. Is it worth re-doing my cable management for? (Almost 3 hours or 2 since im new)

It looks OK to me.

In the IDE era we used to manage the IDE cables like this, the image is taken from Internet for reference but we did the same in real life, even more "brutally", but it works for decades without problem. And it's a data cable, not a simple power cable.

s-l1600.jpg
Jul 6, 2021
Th wires are just curved, not even bent.

It's OK.
One tech guy was like : aye be careful son cables can be cut like that or break. And ever since then im freaked out even tho my brother told me not to listen to local tech shops because they are "clueless" what do you think? The cables are PULLED or tight either..it was just on my neck so wanted to ask. Is it worth re-doing my cable management for? (Almost 3 hours or 2 since im new)

It is fine. The coating on the cables will prevent the internal wiring from being stretched if pulled tight, and that same coating prevents the wire from bending so much is breaks. The internal wire is more flexible than the external coating. The only concern, is if the wire is pulled tight against a sharp edge, in which case the sharp edge could slowly wear through the cable. This is not usually something that happens, and in your picture I see nothing to suggest any kind of issue like that. The wires being wrapped in the mesh will also provide more protection, as the cables can move inside the mesh without damage, so even if the mesh is pressed against something hard, the cables will be fine.

Even then, the only thing that would end up damaging the cables would be, if pulled tight on a sharp edge, the odd case I mentioned above, the wires or the things they touch would need to move/vibrate enough to cut through. Generally not much in a computer moves or vibrates, and generally nothing is that sharp.

It looks OK to me.

In the IDE era we used to manage the IDE cables like this, the image is taken from Internet for reference but we did the same in real life, even more "brutally", but it works for decades without problem. And it's a data cable, not a simple power cable.

s-l1600.jpg

Solution

TRENDING THREADS