graphics card prevents computer start up

Darragh_3

Prominent
Mar 5, 2017
Hi there and thanks for taking the time to read my problem.

I just bough a refurbished hp compac dc 7800p and a msi twin fozr 750ti hoping to use it as an exteme budget pc
. the computer turns on and functions well when the graphics card is not in.
then when i put the graphics card in the computer boots with no signal to the monitor.
there is also a single beep from the computer when the graphics card is plugged in.

Solution

You have a tower version? HP PC6015 is the power supply model?

Did you check for a newer BIOS for the system? Does the card you have need a PCIe power plug? Is that in? Was it a new card or used card? If used, did you test it to make sure it's working at all?

OEM systems do have a lot more issues working with add-on video cards than home built ones using standard motherboards, could just be a compatibility issue.

LaGg3r34

Commendable
Jul 1, 2017
I've never even heard of a 365W power supply tbh. Ehh. Try resetting CMOS (if u don't have the button take out the MOBO battery and wait for like 2 minutes and then plug it back in) also if u have more then 1 stick of ram u can try taking the other one out and just leaving 1 in.. try different slots etc. Im sure there are plenty of guides on how to reset cmos. Also. Is there a lot of dust in the computer? Could always be the issue.

You have a tower version? HP PC6015 is the power supply model?

Did you check for a newer BIOS for the system? Does the card you have need a PCIe power plug? Is that in? Was it a new card or used card? If used, did you test it to make sure it's working at all?

OEM systems do have a lot more issues working with add-on video cards than home built ones using standard motherboards, could just be a compatibility issue.

Solution