[SOLVED] Graphics card problem

Nov 2, 2021
My pc lately has had a problem i don't know how the problem occured but my pc reads my hdmi as a dvi cable and it doesn't show anything this problem sometimes fixes when i close my pc power for 1-2 hours and restart the pc but when i turn it off it happens again i tried using different cables i tried using different tv-monitor nothing my card is Nvidia 960 and its been 2 weeks need help as fast as possible i have to finish 2 college projects until Friday

Solution
Use the DVI or DP outputs if you can.

DVI-D and HDMI are almost the same thing using different connectors, which is why passive adapters can be used to switch between the two. Intermittent misdetection could be caused by a bad solder joint breaking connection when the area gets hot.

InvalidError

Titan

DVI-D and HDMI are almost the same thing using different connectors, which is why passive adapters can be used to switch between the two. Intermittent misdetection could be caused by a bad solder joint breaking connection when the area gets hot.

Solution
Nov 2, 2021

I have a hdmi-dvi cable which has both i tried changing them but still nothing :(

Nov 2, 2021
If you tried a different port on the GPU and got the same result, then that sounds like a bigger board-level issue with the GPU than only the HDMI port.

A bad PSU can also cause things to randomly malfunction. What PSU do you have in there?
My PSU is a crosshair v650 and I haven't tried using a vga you think that may fix that?

InvalidError

Titan
My PSU is a crosshair v650 and I haven't tried using a vga you think that may fix that?
If your GPU supports VGA/DVI-I output, it doesn't cost much to try it.

AFAIK, Corsair doesn't have a V-series PSU line, only VS which isn't particularly good. If your motherboard has debug LEDs of some sort, check them to see at what stage of the boot process the system locks up. If your board doesn't have those, hook up a case speaker to the motherboard's PC-speaker header and check for a code there. If you get nothing, then your PC isn't even starting to POST before hanging on something.

Nov 2, 2021
If your GPU supports VGA/DVI-I output, it doesn't cost much to try it.

AFAIK, Corsair doesn't have a V-series PSU line, only VS which isn't particularly good. If your motherboard has debug LEDs of some sort, check them to see at what stage of the boot process the system locks up. If your board doesn't have those, hook up a case speaker to the motherboard's PC-speaker header and check for a code there. If you get nothing, then your PC isn't even starting to POST before hanging on something.
At first i had a hdmi and then when i changed to hdmi-dvi the problem got fixed but after a month it happened again i will try vga and might send it to get repaired and post what the problem was