Graphics card problems HELP!

t0xyg3n

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2009
I woke this morning turned on my computer and my graphics are messed up!

untitled.jpg

FallenSniper

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2007
Ok there are a few things you can check. First, make sure the cable is fully plugged in, both into your computer and into the monitor. If you have another monitor try hooking that one up instead.

If that doesn't change anything, you could try downloading new drivers for your video card. What type of computer do you have?

We need a little more information about your computer before we can determine the problem

t0xyg3n

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2009
well its not the monitor because what u see on the img isnt from the monitor its directly from the video card.

K my computer is:

Asus p4c800 board
p4 HT 3ghz
ATI 9800pro gpu
2x512MB corsair ram

my monitor is an old HP CRT. I havent tried a new monitor (i dont have one) but I don't think it could be the cable or monitor because I used print screen and pasted the results on the paint and as u can see the video output is the problem, not the display. I will check my drivers, perhaps the files got currupted some how.

I kinda think its either a port problem (dust, or damaged port) or maybe the card is damaged, it is 5 years old.

TY for checking in and helping me out

spinny

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2006
I would try taking out the video card and blowing out the slot with some canned air and reseating it. It's possible its just crapping out on you though.