Graphics card problems... I think

Clumpy

Reputable
Sep 20, 2014
So I got my PC about a year ago and it was all working fine I could run most games on high settings without problems but recently my computer has started to have problems with some games, for example I played through batman arkham origins on Max settings when it first came out and everything was fine, I played it last week and it was low frame rate and stuttering badly. My setup is:
His radeon hd 7850 ice q x turbo x
Intel core i5 4430 quad core
Gigabyte h87-hd3 motherboard
8GB patriot viper RAM
Any kind of reply is appreciated, thanks.

Solution
If you built the PC yourself the drivers will be located on the CD-ROM included with your Motherboard.

If the system was pre-built all-in-one then you'll find those drivers on the included system CD-ROM.

If you can't locate the relevant CD-ROM you can use a search engine to locate the relevant drivers. Simply search your Motherboard's model number and the word 'drivers'.

A quick search by myself found this:

http://www.driverscape.com/manufacturers/gigabyte/laptops-desktops/h87-hd3/37420
You can start by downloading the latest drivers for your Graphics Card from AMD's website and installing them after uninstalling the previous set of drivers and rebooting.

If that doesn't correct the issue consider a full Defragmentation of the PC's hard drive. Windows 7 and Windows 8 do this automatically, by themselves, when the computer is left completely idle.

You may also want to monitor your Graphics Card's temperatures with a program such as GPU-Z, MSI Afterburner or HWinfo. Elevated temperatures can result in lower framerates as well as many other hardware problems.

Clumpy

Reputable
Sep 20, 2014

Sorry but how do I uninstall the drivers I already have?

To uninstall drivers:

Go to Control Panel > System > Device Manager > Display Adapters > Right-Click your Graphics Card and select 'Properties > Click the 'Drivers' Tab > Click 'Uninstall. Then proceed to Control Panel > Programs and Features > Add / Remove Programs. Uninstall anything associated with your previous set of drivers.

Make sure you have the latest (non-Beta) drivers for your GPU.

Clumpy

Reputable
Sep 20, 2014

Hi, so I was doing what you said when I noticed this. This doesn't look very good...
Device%20manager.PNG

Not sure if the picture is working, it isn't showing up when I preview it. Just in case i'll explain. The PCI serial port has a yellow exclamation mark next to it along with the PCI simple communications controller and the SM bus port, it says that the drivers are not installed on any of them but i don't know where to find them.

If you built the PC yourself the drivers will be located on the CD-ROM included with your Motherboard.

If the system was pre-built all-in-one then you'll find those drivers on the included system CD-ROM.

If you can't locate the relevant CD-ROM you can use a search engine to locate the relevant drivers. Simply search your Motherboard's model number and the word 'drivers'.

A quick search by myself found this:

http://www.driverscape.com/manufacturers/gigabyte/laptops-desktops/h87-hd3/37420

Solution

Clumpy

Reputable
Sep 20, 2014

Thanks for the answer, I used the CD ROM before but it said installed next to all the drivers that's what confused me, this time I just installed them anyway and it worked. Unfortunately I have a new problem with some of my games, I have a black border problem that I ran into when i first setup the PC. Not too sure how to fix it but I guess i'll post another thread. Thanks for the help.